In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just an opinion....

mtj21mtj21 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I have read several posts regarding the ordeal with the terrorism that took place. I read bomb them, good for rejecting a check, they harbor them, and so forth.If our mission is to seek them out and those who harbor them are we not overlooking ourselves. The United States housed them, they received training here, we accept their money and gifts. In this situation is has been apparent that we seek anyone but ourselves as a country. Will we support a UN sanctioned attack on our own country if we are indeed punishing those who harbored terrorists. Odd thought, but if we fully support the goal of attacking terrorism we have to be sure to not overlook our own backyard. We have supported efforts in New York with the cleanup and helping victims families. I believe the dollar amount to go to the families is very large at this point. Everyone forgot about local charities and support groups. I guess the reason I chimed in is that enough is enough. I want to know if we are going to give huge sums of money to the firemen's families that lost their lives battling a huge forest fire in the western U.S. Remember, it was in the news for over 9-10 days until the tragedy in the east. They sure got insignificant, their deeds and heroics became and are all but forgotten. Several good men lost their lives fighting a fire that they didn't start, for some it wasn't even in their state- they volunteered to help in somebody's carlessness. I would like to see some funds go to their families. I agree the ordeal on the east coast was a great tragedy, but other good people lose their lives on a daily basis. Is it to much to remember that they were somebody to?

Comments