In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Legal carry in MD- it can be done

cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
Legal carry in MD- it can be done

Well, if you are active duty military amyway.

I just spoke directly with the officer who answers the info line for the MD State Police. He said that in uniform, and being on duty or goint to or coming from duty, with ID it was no problem.
Now, not in uniform will make an officer (understandably) nervous, an while it may be OK he couldn't recommend it. Fair enough.

Now, for anyone who knows: is there any particular WAY you need to carry it? leg holster, helt holster? open? concealed (to avoid shocked looks from civillians)? etc.

Also, I understand that the base commander (or is it your company commander? or someone else?) can issue a federal carry permit. This may be very unrestrictive and valid anywhere in the US. Would anyone advise getting one for the above,uniformed type of carry? just to be safe? (naturally, I'd love one anyway, but I doubt the commander would issue one just for the heck of it!)

Thanks 1,000,000
C-