In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cops caught the vandals...

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Deputy was very nice and even thanked me for not shooting the little bugger that waved the gun around. Found out the little sheet has 28 acres to ride around on, but they have to come over on my place and wreck my orchard or it ain't no fun. Spray painted graffiti on my neighbors new truck too.The younger ones 12,13 14 year olds were just following the lead of the 16 year old gun waver who is known to the LEO's for various other stupidities. As you might expect the other kids parents gave their kids what for while the ring leader's Dad claimed it couldn't have been his boy cause he was with him all day. Sorry dad, but the other kids ratted him out and we have four eye witnesses from the scene. Anyway they said if the kid pulls a gun and I'm armed at the time[which is always] that if they were me they would shoot him dead before he shoots one of the kids either on purpose or accidentally.They explained to the kid how lucky he was that I called them instead of walking down there myself. They also told the Dad if they caught his boy with a pistol that they would both be arrested. In NC it is a felony to allow a minor unsupervised access to a pistol. I'll just have to keep a close eye on things for a while, but I am hoping the kid will take the chance to straighten his act out before someone gets hurt.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad everything turned out OK!

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I thought it was a paintball gun[:0][;)][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Yes, one of those new ten shot ones that you can fit in your pocket. Lead based paint and very very thick.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    Anyway they said if the kid pulls a gun and I'm armed at the time[which is always] that if they were me they would shoot him dead before he shoots one of the kids either on purpose or accidentally.

Obviously someone who has never had to kill another human being. Either that or a sociopath. If you have to do that, be sure you have to. It's hard to live with.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the little fooey needs a good role model. Obviously his father would rather teach him how to lie and avoid consequences. Kids like that are just begging for somebody to take them by the hand and show them how to live a happy life. Hopefully he learned a lesson.[V]
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I sure hope his 'wake up call' works and I do mean for father and son. Seems like the only thing they want to teach in schools these days is that they have ALL of the rights but NONE of the responsibilities.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
    edited November -1
    DHeff, I get the feeling that they expect this kid to eventually grow into an armed robber,rapist, murderer. I certainly don't want to have to shoot anyone, especially a dumd kid. I worry that my hesitation may cost some other kid or parent. I really hope I'm not put in that situation.

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    DHeff, I get the feeling that they expect this kid to eventually grow into an armed robber,rapist, murderer. I certainly don't want to have to shoot anyone, especially a dumd kid. I worry that my hesitation may cost some other kid or parent. I really hope I'm not put in that situation.

I couldn't even think of killing someone for what he might be someday. He might be a good citizen and father in the future.

By all means, protect yourself with what ever force is necessary, but don't walk around with the thought that you should kill him to prevent a future crime that hasn't and may not happen. I cannot begin to tell you what your life would be like if you killed a kid and wasn't 100% sure you had no other choice.

I hope things don't get to that point.

• HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Dhef: quote:I couldn't even think of killing someone for what he might be someday. He might be a good citizen and father in the future. There was a story back some years ago where a time machine was invented and a Jew was sent back to kill Hitler when he was a child. Bottom line: The kid was a nice kid and the killer couldn't do it. History was not changed. [}:)]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
    edited November -1
    But.....If you could go back in time, you would know for sure that they turned out to be an evil person. This kid has a chance slim as it might be, of not being that......

It's the old "Judge and Jury" mentality.[}:)]

Now I would complain if someone would take his liar father and put and old fashion butt whipping on him![;)]

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I dont think Bigdaddy would ever shoot some one. I think he would make suits of armor for his kids first.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
    edited November -1
    I didn't say I would shoot him to prevent him growing into a criminal. I said I got the feeling from the deputy that they expected him to escalate his activities to include gun violence.
    I have had the priviledge of turning a few "bad eggs" around and it is this that will probably get me shot by one, because I will not believe a kid would shoot me until he actually did. The deputy was trying to let me know that this kid is one that probably would. That warning may affect my reactions , it may not. It is something for me to think about.

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep a sharp eye out, and don't turn your back on him.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • FlatheadFlathead Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    Anyway they said if the kid pulls a gun and I'm armed at the time[which is always] that if they were me they would shoot him dead before he shoots one of the kids either on purpose or accidentally.

Kind of a redundent statement if you ask me! Looks like they want a kid dead one way or another. Does it really matter which one it is. I agree with the other poster about the horrors of having to take a life.[:(]

Good thing you aint them (the police) eh bigdaddy[;)]
    edited November -1
    Flathead, think they're trying to pass the buck?

• concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that bigdaddyjunior is the last person you have to worry about hurting a kid. I've read about more things he's done to help kids here than anybody else.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security