In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FREE Windows Update CD's

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Here is a link to Microsoft where you can get a free 2-CD set of all the security updates to date. This is absolutely free with no shipping and handling.

For anyone that has had to reformat a hard drive and then update via a 56k modem this is a godsend.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

RUGER.jpg
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I ordered one for every user on dial-up... [:)]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I oredered it, but... is this only for dial-up users??

I got dsl last week!! Oh, boy!!!

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After just suffering through a crashed hard-drive ... yes it would have been a god send ... I ordered one for "just in case" ... Thanks!

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RUGERGUNZ
    Here is a link to Microsoft where you can get a free 2-CD set of all the security updates to date. This is absolutely free with no shipping and handling.

For anyone that has had to reformat a hard drive and then update via a 56k modem this is a godsend.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

RUGER.jpg
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin

This would also be helpful for those users who are on a network. When brining a newly loaded system online for the first time, without the patches in place, it is entirely vulnerable to infections from other clients on the network. Loading the contents of these disks onto "fresh" systems keeps them clean once connected to the LAN.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security