In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SHREK

robjacksrobjacks Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
This must be my favorite childrens movie of all time,its coming on right now.Every time i watch it i catch some little eddie murphay double meaning part i missed before......If your ever bumming this flick is a sure cure.[:)][:D][8D]

Comments

• robjacksrobjacks Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the best movies ever...
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Did you happen to catch the pre-race commercial in which eddy murphy's character(the donkey)refered to himself as a 'smart (vroooom)?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is one funny movie seen it a couple times [:D]

Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
  • Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, I don't think it is a children's movie. Much of its humor is aimed at adults. One of my favorites though.

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
    - .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
    Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
    .-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
    If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
    sound
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SHREK was certainly a good movie. I doubt most kids would catch the innuendo. Even if they do, they've probably already heard it a million times already. I'd say it's pretty harmless.

If you like SHREK then you have to go rent "Chicken Run". [:D]
  • Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, oh I am not saying it isn't for children too, I just think it is more appreciated by adults.
    But I still like it.

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
    - .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
    Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
    .-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
    If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
    sound
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sort of like "The Simpsons," it has a couple layers of humor. Kids get the kid humor, and adults will get innuendo and jokes based on more adult stuff. In this sense, "Shrek", "Chicken Run" and "The Simpsons" are some of the best written movies/shows around.
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Watched it at least 3 times [:D]
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I've watched that movie at least 30 times with my daughter; she loves it! Another good one is Finding Nemo.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security