In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Past LEO Contacts

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I have noticed a good mix of people on this site with varied backgrounds. I am interested in hearing some of your best stories (good and bad) about personal contacts with LEO's.

I am always curious to hear from real folks how my profession is represented around the Country.

Lt the curious

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only bad contact I've had with LEO's was in 1956 when I was driving through southern Ohio and ran into one of their well designed speed traps. I was 20 years old at the time and was too naive to know that government would intentionally rip off people.
    Other than that all LEO's I've met have been courteous and professional. When I was stopped for a license check after getting my CHL, I was worried about getting hassled, but when I told the trooper I was armed and had a CHL all he said was "all right".
    Thanks to all you LEO's for doing a thankless job so well.

PC=BS
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Lt, I have to admit the best (and only) real "conversations" I've ever had with LEOs is on this site! And, after "meeting" DANO and Nunn I have a new appreciation and respect for cops.

In my life, though, I have not had a great deal of success dealing with the police. I am not a criminal at all, but I seem to always get the disgruntled officer, or the one who has something to prove. I went to jail once for "failure to disperse" (I was at a party and when the cop showed up everybody ran, including my ride). I wasn't afraid as I didn't do anything wrong. The cop told me to take a hike, I told him I would as soon as my friend came back so I could get my shoes. He arrested me for not jumping at his command.

Another time the Secretary of State made a mistake in their computers and my car got towed when I got pulled over for a "bad" license plate. In the end the court dropped all charges. But, I still was out several hundred bucks and the cops still didn't apologize.

And, the list goes on.

But, again, after hearing about what some cops have to deal with every day and after seeing that some of them are actually pretty cool people I have a new appreciation.

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals