In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Surprises in the mail

robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I got a surprise in the mail today. I received this small package that rattles. It sounded like a box of milk duds. Its return address was from a gentleman that I sold something to, cant remember what, a while back, only a few weeks at the most. I opened it and attached to a partial box of reloading bullets for my 6.5x55 (.264) was this note. It said simply, Ryan, put these to good use. You have a Swede I dont. I was speechless. Its incredible the good experiences I have had using the internet, and the people met here. I dont remember exactly what I sold this gentleman, or which site I was advertising on when I sold it to him. I am not sure how he knew I had one, I could have told him through email conversation. I might even converse with him now and just dont remember his real name as was on the package. I wonder what was on his mind when he sent them, was it one of the people I sold something to and lost my butt on shipping, cause I just sold him something without charging shipping as I often do? Was he trying to tell me he recognized that he'd gotten a really good deal? Its hard to say. What ever the reason for this unexpected and gentlemanly act of generous kindness, I am sure happy with the gift, no matter how small it may be, it sure seems big to me. It doesnt happen often when someone restores your faith in human nature, when someone comes along and makes you think, maybe I'm not the only one who thinks as I do, and helps people out just because I like to, and can. Today was a great day, thanks to Mr. John Gill. I hope anyone from New York that might know Mr. Gill will pass this along to him. Thank you sir, I hope you see this and enjoy the feeling of making someone happy with your genuine act of selflessness.

SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC

Comments