In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Something Really Disturbing

interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
edited September 2003 in General Discussion
Now this is the kinda stuff that REALLY TICKS me off.

Two-year-old survives almost three weeks alone in a house
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A 2-year-old left alone for nearly three weeks while her mother was behind bars survived by eating mustard, ketchup, rice and raw pasta, police said.
The toddler was watching cartoons when found by her father, police said Monday. She was suffering from malnutrition and was being treated at Wolfson Children's Hospital, police said.

Dakeysha Lee, 22, was charged Monday with child abuse because she didn't let anyone know that her daughter was alone in her apartment, police said. She was jailed Sept. 10 on unrelated charges.

Ogden Lee, who is separated from the girl's mother, said he talked to her by telephone at the jail Sunday and she said their daughter was with neighbors.

When he got into the apartment, the youngster had dragged food and toys into her mother's bedroom and was lying in a baby's bathtub. She was covered with dried ketchup, Lee said.

"She grabbed me and wouldn't let go of me," Lee said. "It is really a miracle how good a shape my daughter is in. I don't know how she did it."

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.

Comments

• Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    It has always baffled me how someone could leave a child like this..

Some people need to be dealt with.. Severely... This is one..[:(!]

wei109.gif
  • Options
    kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    to top it off....why didnt the father follow up on his child's welfare with the neighbors?. took him 3 weeks to check on his kid..seperated or not...sounds like both need to be sterlized and jailed

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!
  • Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stupid people shouldn't breed. I think they should be sterilized.

Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kris
    to top it off....why didnt the father follow up on his child's welfare with the neighbors?. took him 3 weeks to check on his kid..seperated or not...sounds like both need to be sterlized and jailed

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!

I read another article about this that stated the father was unaware of his ex being detained. He was unable to reach her for 2 weeks and somehow found out she was in jail...that's when he went to check on his daughter. He had the appt complex manager let him in.

Eric
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    [:(!][:(!][:(!]

fb0d9d60.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    cheezecheeze Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you ever hear of that organization that was paying people to be sterilized? I think that's great. Give a P.O.S. like this $200 and sterilize them. They'll spend it on crack but who cares anymore? I think the org itself was called C.R.A.C.K. Poetic yet IN YOUR FACE.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I hope they extend her stay, because I'd be willing to bet the father has to give his daughter back to her when she gets out of jail.

We can't seperate a mother from her child? Ridiculous [:(!].

NSDQ!

"To every man, there comes in his lifetime, that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered a chance to do a very special thing, unique to him and fitted to his talents;What a tragedy if that moment should find him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour." --Sir Winston Churchill--
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unbelievable.

Dakeysha should be shot. I'll do it.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security