In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Leupold Gilmore red dot

concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Thought about posting this in the Ask the Experts forum, but I thought I might get some valuable tips from non-experts as well from general discussion. I am getting one of my revolvers drilled and tapped now and I'm having them install a standard weaver base. I am considering having them install a LG-35 or LG-1 red dot sight. I want to know if I'll need to get special rings for the LG-35 octagonal design (or, do the ones that come with the sight fit a weaver base?), and also if there aren't any mounting issues if anybody has had negative experiences with this model. At over $200, is it that much better than the LG-1?Thanks!
Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals

Comments

• Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Hey consealed, have you noticed that most of the "experts" are the same guys that are on this post. I've posted in both posts also, when I felt I had some words of wit. I'm still trying to figure out if this board has some designated experts or if its just fellas that want to help. Been looking for grits lately? I haven't found any in Midland Meijer store, I'll keep looking, want to give em a try someday. Been looking at similar sights, most of the brands around tend to fit the weaver style bases. I looked into many diferent types to put on my turkey gun. I never cared for the battery issue, If for target or quick pointing the ret dots are great.
    Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!![This message has been edited by hunter280man (edited 03-05-2002).]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    concealedG36, they are for weaver bases. Don't waste time with the smaller one, get the 35mm. It is much faster and easier to see through with outstreched arms at the edge of dark.
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, hunter, I think it's the same people on both boards (just more people on this one!).I guess I'll go with the LG-35. It's too bad my local gunshop didn't know the answers to my questions when I was asking! I hope the gunsmith does good work drilling and tapping the frame. They mentioned that I could install a Leupold proprietary mount but that it would only accomodate the LG-35. I told them I wanted the Weaver base anyway.Thanks!
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals