In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Turkey hunting

concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
What Brand of Shotgun Shell and size of shot do you use? Thanks

Comments

• concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alright, I'm wanting ot go turkey hunting this year, and I was wondering which gun yall would recommend I take. I have 2 choices that I've already narrowed it down to. The first is a Remington 1100 12 gauge with a modified choke barrel that is 28" (i think. Its close to that). The other is a Maverick 88 12 guage, with a 18" barrel. The Maverick is my beater gun that I'm not scared to get messed up. The Remington takes 2-3/4 in. shells, and the Maverick can take up to 3 in. shells. Also, what shells would yall recommend?
    edited November -1
    I'm looking to purchase a new .22LR for the upcoming turkey hunt. Any of ya'll have an opinion on what I should be looking for? I like semi-autos, but I'm inclined to look at an accurate bolt action rifle. I want to stay under about $300, and I don't want a scope. So far, I'm thinking about CZ or Remington.Thanks,G36
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
    edited November -1
    I have watched two video's and am now an expert. If you have any questions just fire away [:D]

It does look like a lot of fun. actually calling the birds up to you would have to be rewarding. Probably lots of hard lessons to be learned first.

mag
    edited November -1
    Well, unfortunately, my application for this spring's turkey hunt was denied. The system is a lottery, so not everyone can get a license. My dad was denied too, but my brother got his! So, we have two photographers and one hunter.I have a 12Ga. that I'd like to let him use, but it has a short barrel. Anybody know where I can get a replacement barrel for a Savage Arms Springfield Model 67H shotgun? Preferably one with interchangable choke tubes?Thanks,G36
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals