In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.308 ammo recommendations????

4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I don't have too much rifle experience except with the .22 ,.223, and 30.06. Could anyone offer any advice on the .308? Spent the winter saving money and setting up a couple of nice rifles. Armalite Ar10T and a Remington PSS. Just thought I could get some good advise here { as always }. I do not reload, just looking for manufacturer and wieght. Hopefully to save some time and money. Thanks for anyone's input.Ron

Comments

• Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hirtenberger is always good. I shoot it in my M1a Springfield. British ammo is also good. I also tried a case of Portugese ammo once and I didn't have any problems with that either. I think if you stay with those three you will get good reliable ammo and won't cost you an arm or leg.
  • Options
    TED GARTED GAR Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want a real accurate gun, use the 165 grain boat-tails, Federal Ammo. I like to use the cheap stuff for, plinking, but when it comes down to getting MR. Buck, dont compromise with price.
  • Options
    ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been very happy with the Portugese surplus stuff, and have found it for $30-$40 dollars for 200 rounds.People poo poo American Eagle, but I've shot alot of that and it's been fine as well. Though not milspec, the primers are plenty hard for my M1A when I look for divots on unfired rounds. PMC is decent as well.