In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LTS,a little help in aisle 3?

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
Not to tear you awaqy from "The great E.W. controversy,but I've got an AR question for you.I've been getting my plan together for a pistol caliber upper and remember you recommending a 10mm upper as opposed to my intended .40SW,what are your reasoning in favoring the 10mm,besides velocity?In searching my options I am narrowed down to either a 9mm (colt or Rock River Arms),.40SW (by Olympic) or the 9mm by Olympic.As far as I can see the major concerns will be in feeding the rifle. I have concerns to the reliability of those "Drop in conversion blocks",The Colt block looks well constructed by the other manufacturers' look cheaply made.On the other hand Olympic 9mm uses converted Sten mags of which the guarentee function,as does their 10mm upper allthough it uses converted Uzi .41 AE mags.
I'm not so concerned with price (even though the cost of 41 AE mags are $39 and the conversion is another $25 making them $64 a pop),what I really want is a high performance,reliable pistol caliber upper.I trust your opinion on this and thank you in advance for any and all help you can afford me,Josey

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878

Comments

• Options
    Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the feeding reliability of the pistol caliber uppers?Do I need a neww hammer/spring and a new recoil buffer/spring?Which is more reliable ,the conversion block or the modified mags,as far as the 9mm goes?

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878

Edited by - josey1 on 08/30/2002 22:08:22