In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Romak 3 vs rem pss 308

mdcacmdcac Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
hey guys,

i asked a question about these awhile back so please forgive the repitition. if you had to take your pick would you prefer a 308pss or romak. i really just want a toy that is pretty accurate but doesn't have to be a true sniper rifle
and i need more stars
thanks mdcac

Comments

• Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    I'd say the PSS since I don't own a Romak and never have.

It has become my purpose in life to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Romak III will probably be more fun to shoot, its basically a big AK-47, and we all know how much fun AK's are.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee
  • Options
    Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    The Romak III will probably be more fun to shoot, its basically a big AK-47, and we all know how much fun AK's are.

Yeah and the Romak is about as accurate as an AK too.For the absolute best value and out of box accuracy ,get the PSS.If you want to hit out to 600 yards consistantly get the PSS in .300 WIN MAG,but if you are more likely to be shooting at 300 and under,than the .308WIN is the way to go(as well as cheaper to shoot).Look into the shorter barreled PSS,I believe it is the LTR(Light tactical Rifle).I would also look around and see if you can find a DM model(Detachable magazine) as the PSS has a 5 round internal mag.Personally I installed a DM in my PSS with an aftermarket kit from Brownells.

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878