In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ANTI-FREEDOM EXTREMISTS SET TO CONTROL THE PRESS

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
ANTI-FREEDOM EXTREMISTS SET TO CONTROL THE PRESSBy Dennis Jackson, Advisor for Armed Females A coalition of anti-freedom extremists is strong-arming the nations independent newspapers into banning classified ads selling firearms.This coalition is claiming that white supremacist Benjamin Smith used a "loophole" in the gun laws to buy a firearm from the classifieds that he used to murder college basketball coach Ricky Birdsong. When will they learn that freedoms are not "loopholes"?Do these anti-gun bigots also mention that Smith tried to purchase a firearm from a firearm dealer and was rejected because of his violent criminal history? No, because that would illustrate the point that the Brady law is a failure. There are stiff criminal penalties for a prohibited possessor to even attempt to purchase a firearm, or even own ammunition.Coach Birdsong would not have died that day if Smith had been arrested, as the law requires.This coalition of whining, sniveling bed wetters are exploiting the fears of the American public in the aftermath of the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, in order to achieve their ultimate goal of total confiscation of civilian firearms.We should fear foreign terrorists less than we should fear our own leaders who are trying to destroy our Constitution and our way of life from within. I've got a flash for these people. Terrorists who hijack airplanes and murder several thousand innocent people with box cutters do not buy firearms from the classifieds, or obey gun laws!I have not been able to find data on how many criminals purchase firearms from the classifieds, which leads me to believe that the data must be so low that it is not reported. This is simply a back door attempt and the next step to ban all private firearm transactions. A 1997 US Justice Department study determined that criminals obtain the majority of their firearms from family and friends 39.6% of the time and 39.2% nefariously. (That means illegally, for you members of the Brady Campaign!)I don't believe their claim of over 30 thousand killed by firearms each year. What they are not telling you are that included in these figures are justifiable homicides, either by the police or civilians defending their lives. In addition, many homicides each year are a result of criminal activities. Even their suicide claim is bogus! How many of those who died by their own hand with a firearm would have used another means if a firearm weren't available? Japan has a suicide/homicide rate equal to the US, and a suicide rate higher than the US, but they don't have firearms to blame it on.To use a few anecdotal examples, like the Ben Smith case, can be compared to using Barbara Graham as a reason to ban the Million Mom March for promoting and condoning assault to commit murder.Graham, a supporter and organizer of the Million Mom March, was arrested a few weeks after her participation in the Million Mom March for shooting and paralyzing a youth she mistakenly believed killed her son. A police search of her home after the shooting turned up two 9mm handguns, and a semi-automatic TEC-9. In Washington, D.C. where firearms are virtually outlawed! What hypocrisy!"You can't tell the kids to stop the violence with the mothers running around like this." --- Mary Ann Smith, after her son was shot by a Million Mom MarcherHow many more of these so-called "concerned" moms are carrying concealed weapons illegally? They are projecting their own fears and violent criminal thoughts onto every law-abiding citizen and hoping that the law won't catch up to them, or that their lives and protection is more important than ours. Since the anti-gunners cannot keep handguns out of the hands of their own supporters, Barbara Graham should become the "poster child" for gun rights by illustrating that gun control is a complete failure.How can you believe the claims of the anti-gun crowd when they make their outrageous statements regarding the numbers of criminals who are using classified ads to purchase their weapons of choice, and the claims of the numbers of people who die from firearms each year? When they lie about 13 "children" a day who die from firearms, they don't tell you that most of these "children" are adults, or older teenagers committing very adult crimes at the time they are removed from the gene pool.California, which has some of the most restrictive firearms laws, saw a 12% decrease in violent crime between 1997 and 1998. This decrease is following a 7-year decline in these rates. Violent crime in California has been declining since 1990. This trend started long before the first big push for gun control in 1994. So why do they ask for more controls?When one looks at the statistics on causes of death for all age groups in the US, there are many other activities and behaviors that lead to preventable deaths other than firearms. Suffocation, drowning and alcohol related traffic accidents come to mind. Where is their interest in those deaths?Why focus all this attention, resources and money on banning firearms? You know why, I know why, and they know why...total disarmament of the American citizens! The evidence is there, why don't more people see it? And more importantly, why won't they admit it?We have given them our rights and our freedoms on a silver platter. And they come back for more. It will never end until all our guns are gone, or we fight back. However, when all our guns are gone, we will have bigger problems than we have now.We should maintain our policy of compromise with the anti-rights bigots. Under my plan there should be more give-and-take.they give and we take!When will these people realize that there are risks to life? The Good Book does not give us any guarantees on how long we will be here. But while we are here we need to show individual responsibility and respect for the lives of others. That is until they show a lack of respect for my life, or the lives of my family, or interfere in my ability to defend myself. They will be met with a reaction that would buckle the knees of the weak-willed minions of lily-livered cowards who wish to deny our right of self-defense. And I won't need a gun! Give me a baseball bat, or a pocketknife, or a golf club, or even a ballpoint pen. But then I won't have much of a chance since it is assured that the attacker will have the gun, thanks to Sarah Brady!What these fanatics have not been able to accomplish by legislation and converting by lying to the public they will strong arm the press to tell their lies. They have already won in their goal of muzzling gun owners with restrictions on our First Amendment with campaign finance reform. They are just too ignorant and misinformed to realize that it's their First Amendment too.Don't let this happen at your local newspaper.fight back! Call and write your local papers and encourage them to resist this attempt to control the press. If you are going to go down, at least go down fighting! And if you wish to do nothing at all, at least join an organization that will do your fighting for you. http://www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/print.php?aid=298