In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Real Second Amendment Protection

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Real Second Amendment ProtectionSheriff Michael E. Cook - 11.27.01
At long last a bill has been introduced in the U.S. Congress that may help Americans. H.R. 1762 has been titled the "Second Amendment Protection Act of 2001." It is reported that this bill will restore the second amendment rights of all Americans. This is a great bill and needs to pass, so please contact you elected Senators and Representatives and ask them to vote in favor of it.It is a sad day in America when we have to pass a bill in Congress to protect our Constitutional rights. However that seems to be the only way now. It is a lead pipe synch that the Congress has passed a bunch of bills in the past that took our rights from us. The so called assault weapon ban on import, the ten round maximum magazine capacity, and now the instant check and it's records. There are so many regulations surrounding the sale of a firearm that you can fill out less paper work when purchasing a home and property.The sad thing in all of this is that most of these laws have been passed in the idea that they will control, or help control, crime. Well they missed the boat on all of them and the crime rate only gets effected when the citizens in this great nation of ours arm themselves for protection.When was the last time you can remember that a crime was stopped, or the bad guy decided he wouldn't do the crime, because he only had a gun with ten rounds loaded in it? I guess this is a big joke. The so called assault weapon bills passed, and pushed to the limit in California, has no effect on crime. It did however drive up the cost of cheap foreign made military rifles. I guess this is our new form of economy enhancing.The criminal groups in this country of ours don't pay any attention to the law. I keep saying this over and over with the hope that our law makers will finally get it. No matter what law you pass they will not obey it, that's why they are criminals. So the only reason that laws are passed is to deprive the honest citizen of their rights.It appears that the time is right in America to start the old ball swinging the other way again and returning some of those rights. We may also be in trouble of loosing some of those rights in the name of protecting ourselves from terrorist activity. So we must be more vigilant now than at any time in the past. Please keep yourself informed and watch what is going on in Congress.This country is still number one when it comes to freedom and quality of life. I want to see it remain that way and have the ability to pass that on to generations to come. To many good people have given their lives to keep her that way. I still have that, so called, miss guided view that every person on this earth has the right to protect their life and that of others who are innocent. This right was ordained by God and so stated in our Constitution in this great country we call America.So now we are attempting to pass bills in Congress to restore the rights that Congress has removed from us. I have to ask myself why our system of checks and balance has failed us. That was why we have three branches of government. Well as we all know the times and the political climate was something our founding fathers couldn't foretell. I think they did a great job in stating our rights very clear and in a manner that any fool could understand. Guess I forgot about those who would try to destroy our nation and turn it into something other than a great republic. I think we need a bill that would make it a crime to attempt to pass, or even try to introduce, a bill that would take or infringe on our rights. That may then stop the stupidity that we see from Sara Brady and others in our country who would take our rights. These people are no better than, and just as dangerous, as the terrorists who attack this country on September 11th. Please take a stand and say "NO" to further attacks.God Bless America. http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/nov/27/sheriff.htm