In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many own..............

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
A Dremel Tool. I have seen the light and it is Dremel. I have put off buying one of these for a long time. Always wanted one, but could never justify it. I bought an aftermarket laminated stock for my Mini-14 (three times, they never fit!!). This last one, I had just had enough and went and bought a nice Dremel with a seperate large bit set. Within two hours, I had the gun in the stock and every thing working nice and tight. Just have to take it to the pit and fire it for the final test.

So who else is a member of the Dremel Congregation??

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Comments

• trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its some of the best money I have spent.Of all my tools the Dremmel is in the top 3 cant do without.
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I reach for mine all of the time and its uses are endless!

Mark T. Christian
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Invaluable for gunsmithing. I'm on number four.
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Couldn't live without one!

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too! I recently used it to polish the bolt on an old A3...worked fine. [:D][^]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Who DOESN'T have a Dremel?

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • RoughrdrRoughrdr Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats a Dremel?

When I need something grinded I have to crank up the Air compressor.

sasslogo.gifstamp.jpg
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YUP! I got one. Best $65.00 I ever spent. They were big bucks for years. When they started getting competition the price came way down. I want a pantograph attachment for mine. If I ever get one there will be a big stack of cedar duck decoys in the garage. I'm too slow at hand carving them. It only took 5 years to do the first dozen.

Woods

Hamlin.gif
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cant live without my Dremel tool, Get one and you will see for your self what we mean[:D]

use_deer.jpg
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mother bought me one for my Birthday actually it was the whole kit in one with a big plastic case,it has all the accessory's with it.I bought a larger collet and some tools to use with it,havent found a need for the larger ones yet.I think its the best thing since sliced bread.I have about every hand tool and saws there are,just wasnt blessed with the talent to use them all.Of course I dont want my wife to know that.[8D]Got another section of drawers for my large craftsman tool box for Christmas.May not be skilled at useing tools but they are nice to have.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep [:)]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    My favorite bits are the drill looking type that cut through wood or plastic, drywall or sheetmetal and even tile. And every new gun gets a polished ramp and mag well.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Buy the flexible shaft to go with them. It allows you to reach places that you can't with the dremel alone. Absolutely indespensable in my shop.

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I've got a cheapo Craftsman version, it does what I want it to do.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have had one for year went a little polish crazy with it my Gerber Pliers look like they are chrome plated kinda cool always get commetns on them

POST 800

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
  • HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been thinking that I need a Dremel tool for a while now, you folks just talked me into it. Will probably own one by Sunday evening,provided I get my * huntin' buddy moved this weekend.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Extraordinarily utilitarian tool; one of my better investments. Thanks for the tip on the flexible shaft . . . been looking at so many cartridges, I've not looked at tool catalogs for several years.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, bought my first Dremel 10 years ago and loved it every since. I call it my "Mighty Mouse". I've given a lot of 'em away as gifts too.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep got mine

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have both kinds. The ones you hold in your hand, and the one where you hang the motor overhead, with the long flexible shaft, that you can control the speed, with a foot pedal. I use them both.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had the dremal for years and recieved the ryobi (sp) but it has already died. I have cut a keyway in a 2" shaft with it. Don't leave home without it.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't remember when I didn't have one.

Got Guns?
  • Tiger6Tiger6 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one and used it all the time... That was my mistake. Now I don't have one and my wife does! She also has the flex shaft and every tool attachment made.. She uses it all the time in her crafting projects.. I will have one soon!

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    George Orwell

TARGETS UP!
    TIGER6
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys might want to check out the diamond-coated grinding stones that Harbor Freight sells.
    $10 for twenty for the little ones, $1 a piece for the larger ones & they will grind ANYTHING!
    [8D][8D]barto

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK