In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another teacher rapes a student

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited February 2003 in General Discussion
Heard on the radio this morning that a 21 year old substitute teacher in or near Ft. Worth, Texas walked into a class and caught two boys trying to have sex with a girl. He then told them to get out of the way and he would show them how. He proceeded to rape the 14 year old girl in front of seven students.

He's in jail this morning in Mansfield, and I hope the convict the ba$turd if he is indeed guilty.

What is the world coming to.

Measure twice, cut once.
calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
Empty the clip!
smoking_gun_md_wht.gif

Comments

• Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    This is almost to weird to believe, but it's real. Seven boys watching the teach, teach! No one snitched until the word spread through the school.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's clarify something here... HE was a substitute teacher.
  • Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the way i heard it was: the calss watched as the teacher sexually assaulted(they did NOT say rape) the girl. one boy told his mother, who told the principal, who call the cops. this all hapened at an alternative school in fort worth i.s.d

SGT USMC

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
  • Options
    RusticwaterRusticwater Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Posted on Fri, Jan. 31, 2003
    http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/5073645.htm

Teacher accused of raping student
    By Deanna Boyd
    Star-Telegram Staff Writer

FORT WORTH - A substitute teacher was arrested Thursday on a warrant accusing him of raping a 14-year-old girl in a Horizons Alternative School classroom while other students watched.

Police began investigating David Lawson Franklin, 21, on Wednesday after a woman told the school's principal what her son said he had witnessed last week. Lawson was arrested at his home in Fort Worth and taken to the Mansfield Jail. Bail was set at $75,000.

25767800324.jpg
    David Lawson Franklin

"Quite honestly, initially the details were such we were a little skeptical until we talked to all the parties involved," said Fort Worth police Sgt. Dave Stamp, supervisor of the Crimes Against Children Unit. "Then skepticism turned into shock."

When officers first questioned the girl, she denied that an assault took place but later said it had occurred, Stamp said.

"She was initially embarrassed to talk to anybody about it," he said.

Stamp said statements by other students in the classroom match the girl's account.

"They're all very consistent, the terminology as well as the details of the offense," he said.

Lawson was assigned on Jan. 23 to be a substitute at the alternative school for students with discipline problems. Stamp said Lawson walked into the classroom and found two boys playing with the girl in a sexual manner in a space between a bookshelf and a wall.

According to the students, Stamp said, Lawson asked the boys whether they were trying to have sex with the girl, then told them that he would show them how it's done.

The students who were in the classroom told police that Lawson told the girl to bend over, pulled down her pants and his own, and raped her.

"Because she is a student and he is a teacher in a position of authority, she may have been intimidated by the fact," Stamp said.

About seven students witnessed the incident but did nothing to stop it or report it, Stamp said. The substitute teacher told students in the classroom not to tell anyone about it, Stamp said.

"It's just hard to believe there were so many people present, and nobody took action to stop the assault or notify school staff, and we had to learn about it through a third person," he said.

Fort Worth school district officials declined to comment on the specifics, saying they are cooperating with police on an open investigation.

Cecilia Speers, the district's director of student affairs, said the substitute teacher "no longer is employed with the district."

Police said they believe that Lawson began teaching in the district in August, but school personnel officials could not immediately confirm how long he had been employed.

Staff Writer Gustavo Reveles Acosta Contributed to This Report.

Deanna Boyd, (817) 390-7655 dboyd@star-telegram.com
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the details, What gets me is that Substitute teachers have no qualifications to teach, SC uses bus drivers ect or anybody that wants to babysit for $35.00 a day. I know that certified teachers in the classroom are required to have background checks, fingerprints on file ect. This was also an alternative school, which means these students did not cut it and were expelled from the public schools. And where was the supervision in the classroom when the guy arrived. You do not in any circumstance leave a classroom unsupervised.
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    ebeshirs, i would be more than willing to donate my front yard to hang this scum sucking *. If we did that, others will think twice about committing the same crime

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now, now, hanging might not be the best way. After all, there is a shortage of transplantable organs nationwide... I say, RECYCLE him.

Iraqi: "Is it true that only 13% of American kids can find Iraq on a map?"
    American reporter: "Yes, but all 13% are Marines"

"Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns." - Calvin
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unbelievable that the kids let it proceed.

We have a gym teacher in our system who likes girls. This gym teacher watches the girls in the locker and shower room as they wrap up after P.E. The strange part is that this gym teacher is herself a female.
    Is this an accident waiting to happen? So far no complaints but having someone like that is like the foxess watching the hen house.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Options
    Harleeman1030Harleeman1030 Member Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea but if we hang the sorry * then we're called racist because he's black.

OL Rev. Al sharpasatack would be all over this...

Why not let them burn a cross in his YARD to send a warning but no can't do that either dang well let em do what they will to our kids and each other..

JMHO

NRA MEMBER
  • Options
    armed_ femalearmed_ female Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is one sick guy and I have a solution...stand him up and chop it off!!! Lorena Bobbitt, where are you when we need you??? Never mind, she did a lousy job, only chopped part of it off...I mean to cut it completely off and then he will have to sit down to do what pabooger does standing up! [V][:(!]
    We may all get poofed for this ya know.[^]

homelanddefensewp004_small1.jpg

SGT RRG

Texas State Assistant Director
    Armed Females of America

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target!
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Geeze, this teacher needs "recycled" back into the earth.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Take a close look at this dude. He looks like he has an IQ in the single digits. What the hell is somebody like that doing in a teaching position?

Recycle his organs, somebody said? No thanks. Not even to save my life.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear "Big Bubba" does not like these kinds of guys. They do not last long in the big house. Which is as it should be.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Armed Female,
    Someone should devise a little "mini-Guillitine" for this.
    Let him watch............and the hang 'em.

"Your talents are being wasted here. We're going to transfer you over to our rocket science department."
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    A "soldier" under General Sam Houston's command in 1836 stood accused of rape. The evidence was irrefutable. He was guilty.

There was no time for such niceties as a trial, nor were there detention facilities available to the Army of the Republic of Texas.

The accused was summarily relieved of his equipment via the use of a sharp knife. He was then sat upon a horse and a noose placed about his neck. The rope was thrown over a tree branch and secured.

When the horse was driven out from under him, it became apparent that the branch chosen had too much spring to it. The accused just sort of bounced up and down with his toes touching the ground. A gruesome spectacle.

Erastus "Deaf" Smith, always one to quickly size up a problem and provide a solution, ran up and grabbed the accused and used his full weight to quickly finish the job.

This is a fitting end to a rapist.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    David, good story. I only wish they had used a dull knife.

Update on this story;

Last night, this idiots mother was on TV defending her son. Proves how sorry he is to let his mother make a fool of herself for him. Another teacher has come forward and said that Franklin had admitted the whole thing to him. I hope they fire that one for not coming forward sooner!

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is what happens when we pay teachers crap......we get crap for teachers.......

And no, not all teachers are bad........of course.

Merc

NO! You may not have my guns! Now go crawl back into your hole!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im amazed he could accomplish the deed while hanging from the light fixture by one hand. God, what a throwback!
    [:(!][:(!]barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer