In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Was getting rain here, so I did something I have not done in a while, I turned on the idiot box and they are playing a remake of Jules Vernes Journey to the Center of the Earth.

I just noticed....he burned a hole in the rock using magnesium...wish I would have seen this before storing mine in my safe.

Comments

• dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    it`s a good movie...it`s rare that i enjoy remakes, but with this one my family and i liked it.

you got to watch that magnesium...it`s tricky stuff to handle.

oh...and a free tip for you...never store it where it can get struck by lightning[;)]
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    it`s a good movie...it`s rare that i enjoy remakes, but with this one my family and i liked it.

you got to watch that magnesium...it`s tricky stuff to handle.

oh...and a free tip for you...never store it where it can get struck by lightning[;)]
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years ago the machine shop I was working at bought an old lead saw? from a printing shop.
    It was used for cutting plates for some printing process, was marked in picas.
    Anywho, whoever used it last was cutting (unbeknownst to us) magnesium with it.
    The tray under the saw was FULL of magnesium sawdust.
    Things got real interesting when I shot a stream of disc-grinder sparks into said machine.
    Chinese fire drill for a while, pretty well wiped out the saw.
    [:p]barto[:p]