In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ROMAK 3

quamnetquamnet Member Posts: 332 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I was just wondering if I could get some opinions if 7.62 x 54R would be a decent hunting caliber. I was specifically looking at the Romak 3 priced at $799. I heard rumors that is very high priced for a moderate gun. Please give any and all input you have. Thanks always.

Comments

• Options
    Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 7.62 x 54 is a good hunting round, I think its ballistically close to a .308(Don't quote me on that however). Just make sure you use a soft point. As far a the Romak 3 is concerned I don't think they are worth it. I've never had any personal experience with one but I was told on this site that the Romak 3 is the same action as the AK-47, therefore not being as accurate as a real SVD Dragunov. I was told that the real Dragunov is a different action and ultimately better. The price for the Romak 3 is expensive but it is signifigantly cheaper than the real thing. If yer gonna hunt with a 7.62 X 54 get one of those M44 Mosin-Nagants. A friend of mine just got one and they are a sweet little rifle. I'm goin' to get one when I get paid again.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just got an m44. it kicks a little % is REAL loud but its very accurate.with 200 gr. slugs it should have no trouble as a hunting rifle barto
    the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer