In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Flushing a Spy

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
It appears as though there is a spy in our midst who knows me well and is using information which I share here against my favor. I just had a very interesting conversation with someone who happens to know that I am attending a gun show tomorrow. It seems strange since I have not breathed these intentions to anyone outside of GB. Things are becoming quite interesting. I dashed anonymity to pieces within the last 10 months but this individual is almost completely computer illiterate. Pardon me if I "speak out of character" on occasion. Flushing a spy is difficult business.

Comments

• Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They're coming out of the woodwork.

I've got some nut running around my area claiming to be the Captain of my militia group.

Pretty funny, since the guy has never been a member and we don't assign rank.

Nut jobs. Must be a full moon.

Stand And Be Counted
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Loose lips sink ships."

--'course, some of you "army guys" think, "we don't have any ships, so we can talk, as long as we're careful..."

Goes to show you, there is no such thing as "careful" speech...

(Hint: Best way to trip-up a spy is to feed different false information into each of your normal communication channels; you can track the discreptencies in information you get back to you and, if you method is good, identify your "spy".)
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quote Idsman: "If any of y'all are at the gun show and want to meet up, I predict that I'll be getting a cup of coffee at 11am from the snack bar. I'll be the only guy wearing Cherry Red Doc Martin boots with the yellow sole stitching and I'll be sporting a black baseball cap with the word "ARMY" across the front in gold lettering."

Idsman, since there won't be too many in the snack bar at 11am with red shoes drinking coffee, I think your cover has been blown...gotta blend into the Iowa farm culture a little more....John Deere or Pioneer Seed Corn hat, bib overalls, and plant stem hanging from your mouth. When you get to the snack bar start talking about the hog prices and weather.....you should blend right in...
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anyone with more then 2 stars has been co-opted by the secret underground goverment, has been brainwashed, and is now working against us. damn, this post just moved me one step closer to being probed. fight the power!!!

the tree of liberty must at times be watered by the blood of patriots.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    idsman, in most every group there is at least one jerk. Hope things work out for you.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I must admit that I wrote this post with some tounge-in-cheek. However, there is a concern of, would you say, personal embarrassment. I am not ashamed of a single one of my posts but it seems that someone is gleening information from a particular post and is being rather "inquisitive" with regards to my personal life. This is information that I have only shared here and with one person at work who has absolutely NO chance of having any contact with the individual in question. Oh well. After discussing the matter with a member of the illustrious SJC it all seems a bit silly but it also seems a bit disconcerting at the same time.

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jerm, I think???? I know where you're going with this (maybe). Shoot me an e-mail. Ferg

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,012 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MrMike, please answer the knock at your door...
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    guys, seriously, you need to be careful what you say on line, and to who, and in what forum. dont give out you phone number, adress, gun serial numbers, etc. use hot mail or snail mail for any important info exchanges, and remember that this forum is public acsess and archived. as to he dogs response to my tounge in cheek attempt at humor, maybe its time to go out doors and smell the roses or spend some time with family. if you take life to seriously its time to unplug your computer. hope no one else was offended by my remarks, they were ment as a joke, not as an insult or put down. as to answering that knock at my door, what is that? some kind of vieled threat? dont mean to rant, but everyone else seems very polite and helpful. lets act like men and keep it that way. my sincerest apoligies to any one i upset.

the tree of liberty must at times be watered by the blood of patriots.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    some of them big guys can be purty hard to flush.
    an outhouse now........
    barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer