In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buffalo Ted the burger man

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Atlanta-AP -- (B) Billionaire media entrepreneur and rancher Ted Turner is hoping to create a new empire: a restaurant chain featuring 25 versions of the bison burger.The first Ted's Montana Grill opens in Columbus, Ohio, in mid-January with a menu offering bison with avocado, bison with jalapenos and even bison with fried eggs, cheese, ham, bacon and mushrooms.Nine more restaurants are to open in the next year.Turner is considered the nation's largest bison rancher, with 30-thousand animals -- one-tenth of the U-S herd.The chain will buy bison from a cooperative that includes Turner's 14 ranches and about 300 other bison producers.The taste of bison has been compared to the taste of a lean cut of cow, but bison has less fat.

Comments

• Options
    songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard that he is getting ready to sell one of his 38,000 acre kansas ranches.songdog
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good, another place to boycott.
    Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I have a lot more respect for Ted since he ran Hanoi Jane off. Or did she run him off?
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He knew who.......what......she was when he married her. He gets nothing but contempt from me.
    Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I do like buffalo....buying a burger from "Teds Place" would be like buying a bratwurst from Himmler or sushi from Togo...I'd go hungry first....
  • Options
    RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nah...go to the big red headed clowns place first....and got fried on that while my daughter was growin up. Old Ted rubbed elbows, and er...everything else too much with that commie b*&%%$ for my likin. Maybe this idea will part a fool from some of his money.......
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE!
  • Options
    legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sound's like Ted needs a tax write off, I don't thing it will pan out. Beside's the White Man has done made a profit off of buffalos (remember the 1870's).
    Work'n like a dog all nite
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can bet he has more ad-men & bean counters in his pocket than you can shake a stick at.it will fly, but not from any of MY business. barto