In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UFO's

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Driving back from breakfast at the local choke & puke, I was reflecting on weather conditions.
51 degrees at nine, when I left the house...41 an hour later.
The wind went from nothing to 40 miles an hour, as I watched out the window of the cafe.

Turned North, into the wind, on the farm road to the house, I observed something huge and yellow in the sky..several of them, in fact.

They would be broad and long...then vanish..then appear again quite a distance away...Fear struck into the core of my being !!1 Convinced that finally...FINALLY..we had the Invasion of the Aliens from Outer Space...RIGHT HERE ON MY ROAD !!

Brief reflection had me accelerating to meet the ships...FINALLY I was going to get some relief from a Hillary/ McCain ticket !! EAGERLY was it I was going to file aboard ship....

Finally got close enough to observe (keenly, of course) that the construction going on a couple miles short of the house was now minus a big stack of insulation...like a hundred sheets...

These sheets were flying several hundred feet into the air..and in the process of flipping, would 'vanish' when they turned flat..the 4x8 foot sheet would then take up a bit of sky when they went broadsides...

Ah, well..back to hideous reality...

Comments

• Options
    RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watching a show on History Channel about UFO's.

Has anyone ever seen one?

How many believe in them?

I once saw something extremely strange on bow watch in the bermuda triangle but have never really seen anything that would convice me. I have family members that insist that they have seen a UFO within 10 miles of my house, this is from a very trusted family member.

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • Options
    ZzzzippgunZzzzippgun Member Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    I was abducted by one, along with my sister. It is nothing like the nutcases describe.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,093 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    UFO means unidentified flying object. If you mean something from somewhere with little green guys, that is an IFO. UFO does not mean "flying saucer" it means literally unidentified. I have seen several UFOs, likely weather ballons and experimental aircraft. I have never seen, nor as far as I am concerned have there ever been visitors from other planets. Ask yourself why they would make trips measured in years at light speed, and then play hide and go seek when they get here. Makes no sense.

He Dog
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I've never seen one, but I have a picture of one.
    One day the Good Year Blimp was flying over my Grandparents house out in the country. My Father grabbed his polaroid out of the car and snapped a picture of it. When it developed plain as day there was another object in the sky. It looked Acorn shape, and was not blurred at all. It was bigger than the blimp (about the size of a dime on the film) and had two light beams coming down from it. Within the 2 beams were shapes that looked like 6's,9's, & 8's. It could not have been a double exposure, since it was polaroid, and could not have been a reflection since it was way out in the country. We asked polaroid if it was possible that it was in the film, and they said that while a minor flaw could be in the film something of that detail would not be. So, to answer your question, No, I've never seen a UFO; however, My father and I did take a picture of one.
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    I have seen some strange things.

But that was before I stopped using mind altering chemicals. [:D]

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Project "Blue Book" was a good read back in the 70's wonder if you can still get it?

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    My dad ,who is a skeptic if ever there was one, woke us all up in the middle of the night to witness these lighted objects hovering and then zipping across the sky and then hovering again. We watched for about twenty minutes until they zipped off into the stars quicker than a wink. Still don't believe in aliens, must have been Venus reflected off of some swamp gas or something. "Cept there ain't no swamp around there.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RUGERGUNZ

How many believe in them?

Not any matter of "belief"--Unidentified Flying Objects exist!

Some are ordinary aircraft and atmospheric phenomena that the observer cannot identify (but more knowledgeable people can).

Some are observations of advanced research projects (not necessarily involving "flying objects"--some involve "psychology").

Some are observations of craft operated by extraterrestrial alien life forms (for real!).

All are classified "Above Top Secret" (actually, more like "Way Above Top Secret").
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rugergunz
    Here is a link to project blue book, has some erie stuff.
    http://foia.fbi.gov/bluebook.htm

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • Options
    0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i beleive they exist but i havent seen 1

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    quote:Has anyone ever seen one?
    I may have seen one I'm not sure if it was a UFO or not, I couldn't identify it.

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers

happy_fc.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Ask yourself why they would make trips measured in years at light speed, and then play hide and go seek when they get here. Makes no sense.

Take a look at the world around you--if you were an intergalactic traveler and came upon a world like ours would you want to run the risk of having our species develop capabilities of interstellar/intergalactic space flight? Better to stay in the shadows and work to prevent the technology that could give humans significant space flight capabilities, than to engage in an "open introduction" to the primitive beings running loose on Mother Earth.
  • Options
    crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw one on TV yesterday. It got married to a thing of similar configuration. It was an Ugly Female Object.......[V][V]
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    I think that there probably is intelligent life out there. They probably do visit us from time to time, there may even be proof of it that is being kept secret.

I just want to get my hands on one of their ray guns. [:D]

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok people, This is why you shouldnt smoke dope.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by 7mm nut
    Ok people, This is why you shouldnt smoke dope.

So just stick with the shrooms and peyote?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 22WRF
    quote:Has anyone ever seen one?
    I may have seen one I'm not sure if it was a UFO or not, I couldn't identify it.

happy_fc.gif

Pensacola has more sightings than about anywhere. It's probably those sly navy aviators speeding around.[8D] I have seen film clips on tv about the area out N.E. across the bridge by the pistol shop. My boy lived out there while he was in training, but I can't remember the name of the area.

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by competentone
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Ask yourself why they would make trips measured in years at light speed, and then play hide and go seek when they get here. Makes no sense.

Take a look at the world around you--if you were an intergalactic traveler and came upon a world like ours would you want to run the risk of having our species develop capabilities of interstellar/intergalactic space flight? Better to stay in the shadows and work to prevent the technology that could give humans significant space flight capabilities, than to engage in an "open introduction" to the primitive beings running loose on Mother Earth.

This is a joke...Right? He Dog nailed it!!!!

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Yep we got 'em

http://www.skiesare.demon.co.uk/gbp.htm

happy_fc.gif
  • Options
    0341USMC0341USMC Member Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    people,please start washing your produce before eating it.

0341USMC
    SEMPER FI
    Christian
    American
    heterosexual
    PRO GUN
    conservative
    Any Questions?
  • Options
    powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    UFOs yes.

Flying saucers, don't think so.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe, but then I have been labeled a whacko for liking guns too.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Pensacola has more sightings than about anywhere. It's probably those sly navy aviators speeding around. I have seen film clips on tv about the area out N.E. across the bridge by the pistol shop. My boy lived out there while he was in training, but I can't remember the name of the area.

GULF BREEZE FL.
    but there are alot of strange things on the other side of the bridge from Pensacola

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 358 WINCHESTER
    quote:
    Pensacola has more sightings than about anywhere. It's probably those sly navy aviators speeding around. I have seen film clips on tv about the area out N.E. across the bridge by the pistol shop. My boy lived out there while he was in training, but I can't remember the name of the area.

GULF BREEZE FL.
    but there are alot of strange things on the other side of the bridge from Pensacola

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)

Yep,
    I was down there a couple of times when my son was taking his NFO training. He lived in Gulf Breeze, I'm not forgetful. I really enjoyed Pensacola. We pulled our camper down there and camped on the NAS campground. Beautiful beaches, trees, history and probably the best 4th of July fireworks I've ever seen. Also the most miserable humidity I've ever experienced. I also got into the fire ants, but I still really enjoyed the area.

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hangfire

This is a joke...Right? He Dog nailed it!!!!

No joking.

You're not looking at the possibilities from a "perspective" other than "human on Earth." You are thinking we humans are superior to every other living thing in the Universe. "Why if beings were to travel past our little planet, they'd just have to stop in and see what wonderous greetings we offer..."

Perhaps you need to understand that we are a relatively "meaningless little planet" populated by "somewhat intelligent" beings who really aren't that interesting to beings who can travel amoung the stars.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Anyone who claims to have been abducted is dumb, lying, nuts and a fraud.

I hope we can be friends - I want to go too!

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Options
    woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    When I lived out in the woods where there was virtually no ambient light, during the winter of 1998 I saw something on several occasions on absolutely clear nights where a shape (maybe the size of my palm held up to the sky) would suddenly appear and block out the stars, then cover a distance of maybe 25 to 35 degrees of the sky in less than 5 seconds, disappear, reappear, etc for maybe 5 to 10 minutes. A couple of times there were as many as five of these "shapes" at once. No noise. This happened during December and January and then I never saw them again. Another night, a couple of years later, I was watching what I thought was a satellite moving from SE to NE when it suddenly accelerated to a tremendous speed covering most of the sky in seconds, then disappeared.
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RUGERGUNZ
    Watching a show on History Channel about UFO's.

Were Romulans present at Appomattox?
  • Options
    CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spent my teen years in the High Desert near Edwards Air Force base and saw some strange things that were obviously ours.My uncle was in the Air Force during the Korean war,but he was based in Europe.He was a radar operator and said he had tracked aircraft doing more than Mach three and tracked our fighters trying to intercept them.He said the UFOs would cruise subsonic and as our planes got within visual,but not firing range(guns only at that time) they would accellerate to Mach three in seconds.He said after ten minutes of slowing than accellerating than slowing again they would just vanish.

He said he new one of the pilots that had been flying one of the intercepters during one such encounter and had asked him what he chased.He said he could not talk about it and never to ask him again,and if he did he would not associate with him anymore.

CWatson

1.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!

2.NEVER WASTE MONEY ON SPRINGFIELD ARMORY!!
  • Options
    redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure I've seen some weird things in the night sky. Aliens? I doubt it. I think I'm more likely to see a ball of frozen airline waste before I see a alien space craft.

Its funny how in todays society there are camcorders everywhere and there are hardly any sightings anymore.

powder_solvent.JPG

Oh Hoppe's No. 9 you are so fine.

I need to get me some more of those bullet propulsion devices.

One shot, one kill, 29 more for the thrill.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    You would think with everyone having camcorders that more sightings would of came about in the last few years. They haven't.

The U.S. Air Force now has the capability to shoot one down if the wanted too, Air Borne Laser system- just a milisecond is all they need.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some posters here are (IMO) living proof that UFO's exist and have infiltrated our ranks.
    [:D][:D]barto

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK