In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The show was a bust, but did I miss a good deal?

BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Went to a gun show today in upstate NY. Way out in New Hartford, which is just outside Utica. Mohawk Valley Convention Center.Anyway, the show advertised 250 tables, and I counted a grand total of 11 tables, the vast majority of which held elderly muzzle loaders, WWII collectables, and turkey calls.Still, there was one dealer off in the corner who had a fair selection with a few relatively rare items.The two that caught my eye were a Calico 9mm with a 50round helical mag and a LAM, and a pre-ban L1A1 .308 (basically the FN FAL but with a stainless barrel).The L1A1 was pre-ban with flash hider and pistol grip (the poor guy had to saw off the muzzle brake and disengage the full-auto function to even sell it in NY).Price: $540, with one 20-round mag and paperwork, but no other extras.Should I have taken that deal?

Comments

• navariannavarian Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    nope. sounds like it was a class three weapon that has been modified, how do you know he did it correctly..? and is modifying a class 3 LEGAL..????
    cocked,locked and ready to rock with a glock..!!!!!!!!!stand tall, stand proud GOD BLESS THE USA
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure about the particular legalities of it, but I definately notice that the full-auto setting had been blocked by some sort of modification to the selecter switch. It only went to single or safe.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
    edited November -1
    Once Class III always Class III. A demilled receiver is a NFA firearm and must be registered. That is why all the dummies you see made up are on dummy receivers, not welded up originals.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe not..... I have a FALO heavy barrel parts gun that was built on a Imbel receiver. The selector on my gun has three positions fire, safe, and what I think should have been full. You can move the selector to any of the three positions, yet it will never fire full auto. I think the gun you are talking about may have also been a parts gun built on a pre ban receiver. I hope that does not make it a class III firearm! Any info from that point of veiw?Scott
  • Captain GunbrokerCaptain Gunbroker Member Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    dont think bout guns lil laddy for your mama is wantin yato play paddy cake, paddy cake paddywhen you r oldermaybe wiser toothen you see the message Im givin to u
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    g.b.-you are fast becoming a boring mustntsayit
    the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer