In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UFIXEM guns from Century International Arms

jadleejadlee Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
Has anyone recieved the UFIXEM guns from Century International Arms? Have anyone had much luck with these guns? I just got two Turk 93 mausers from Century Intermational Arms for $19.87 each. They where really dirty and looked horrendous, but after disassembly and a good cleaning they're not bad. One turns out to be in fair condition and the other is in good condition. Both should be decent shooters. I'm wondering if the SKS rifles in the UFIXEM catagtagory are decent at all?

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    Read the fine print. U-Fix-ems can be missing parts and there is no return privelege. They also say that U-Fix-ems are "a roll of the dice."I have bought one, a Marlin .22 for parts and found the barrel bent and any usable parts already removed.Sounds like you did better than I did.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    jadleejadlee Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, the mauser with the shiney bore had a bent barrel. I did manage to straighten it by puting one end on the floor and the other on a car axel and carfully jumping on it. Darn barrels are like a spring. I still need to test fire the rifles to see if they shoot straight. I figure that the turk 93 mausers are worth so little to begin with that C.I.A. would rather sell them cheap then to clean them up.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Libertarian party platform IS the Bill of Rights. ~~~~~James Lee