In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BOUGHT A NEW OLD PICKUP

EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My old 1967 Ford F100 is pretty worn out.The 360 engine sounds like a bucket of rattle snakes.So about a week ago I started looking thru all the local adverts for a newer pickup.A fellow at work told me about one next door to him that was for sale.Well I went over and looked at it yesterday and went back today and bought it.It's a 1977 Ford F150.It was owned by daughter of the original owner.It has a 300 CI six cylinder engine with the heavy duty C4 automatic.Power steering and power brakes.The cab is clean inside with the original one piece rubber floormat and has a aftermarket AM/FM cassette radio.New Motorcraft battery,new master cylinder and new tires.It also has factory dual gas tanks that change with the flick of a switch on the dash.It has a canopy shell on the bed and a Barden bumper on the rear.It drives like a Lincoln.It has a few very minor dings here and there.It also has a little minor rust in one front fender.I paid $1,550.00 for it.I think I did good on this one.I will keep My 1967 for awhile as a backup.I wanted another older truck so I can skip that smog check every other year and no computer under the dash and 400 pounds wiring to deal with.It also has a big empty spot on the front floorboard to mount a lockbox when I am carrying concealed I LOVE IT,
EvilDr235

Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are you gonna do with that new-fangled pickup? I'm still driving an '82 and '85 chevy pickup. They sure ride like a truck though...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You done good.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You done good alright. Could only of done better if you'd gotten a Chevy.... Sold a '86 short wheel base, with a 350 with high rise intake, changed out the crank, biggest four barrel I could find, dropped the beasty about 4 inches, tuned the rear end not to bounce on take off, chopped the transmission, and had fun from there.

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those 300 CI six cylinders are hard to beat. Easy to work on and more torque than the 8 banger.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:You done good alright. Could only of done better if you'd gotten a Chevy.... Sold a '86 short wheel base, with a 350 with high rise intake, changed out the crank, biggest four barrel I could find, dropped the beasty about 4 inches, tuned the rear end not to bounce on take off, chopped the transmission, and had fun from there.

Uhh Huh.

High rise manifold, heard they came with a 3/4 cam as well.
    Changed the crank did ya, what did you put in?
    Biggest 4 barrel you could find, at what CFM?
    Tuned the rear, add a 4 link to it eh?
    Chopped the tranny, lost me on that one.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had looked at a 1986 Silverado yesterday also.A very clean original truck with a 305 engine.It had factory rally type wheels and had all the factory add on goodies.Gold and white with crome bumpers for $2,250.00 but it would left me no money to change the title into my name.Besides it would have to go thru a smog check every two years and has a onboard computer and 400 pounds of wiring under the dash.I like simple cars and trucks.I do like Chevy's very much.I have a 1956 Chevy I have owned for 28 years this June.I have worked in wrecking yards since 1968 and have owned many old Chevys.Eleven 1956s,two 1957s,one 1955,one 1950 coupe,one 1970 Malibu,one 1953,one 1941,one 1961 and one 1950 pickup.Then there were Fords,A 53 Hudson Jet with TWIN H POWER,two Studebakers,one Rambler,three English Ford Anglias,one 1959 Morris Minor,one 1959 Renault Dalphine,1963 AND 1964 Plymouth valiants,1966 Plymouth Fury III,1963 Dodge 880,1962 Buick Electra 225,1956 Chrysler New yorker with a Hemi,1954 Buick with a manual trans,1955 Buick,1952 Buick,1956 Oldsmobile,1956 Ford SW,1955 Ford,1950 Ford,1951 Ford,1961 Ford,1964 Ford,1965 Dodge A100 van,1950 Dodge 1 ton flatbed.Most were saved from becoming Toyotas.There is more,But thats all for now. I can't work on cars like I use to,so the simpler,the better.Besides guns take up alot of my time nowadays.
    EvilDr235

Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ten years ago I bought a used Dakota pick-up for $2000. I used it for seven years and traded it in for $1500. Sure was a great deal![8D]
  • boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Evil, what a deal, I think you done good. I'd buy 'em all day at that price. Twin tanks too and rubber floor mats, that's a truck!

Them ducks is wary.