In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7 Killed in Post Office Shooting by Employee

WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in General Discussion
Here we go again. A postal employee in Santa Barbara walked into work and shot and killed 6 people and then herself. Are we going to have to listen to more gun control crap now ?

Comments

• Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    You don't understand the circumstances--she was told to lick 20,000 $0.02 stamps and paste them on the envelopes. [:(]
  • Options
    jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    people lick stamps? I thought all were self adhesive.... I guess if I was told to lick a bunch of self adhesive stamps I would get a little upset as well
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    na hairy, it was publishers clearing house

to bad firearms where not allowed inside the post office
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Were they cherry flavored ?
  • Options
    restoreguyrestoreguy Member Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going "postal"....what else is new..??
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    beats all,it was a woman and she killed 5,damn those calif postal enployees, give the rest of us a bad name.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm surprised such a thing could happen in a Post Office. Everyone knows that it is illegal to carry a gun into a post office. If only there had been more laws against breaking laws in post offices this tragedy could have been avoided.
  • Options
    WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think we will be hearing from our politians about some new gun control legislation that could have prevented that shooting
  • Options
    Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimkane
    people lick stamps? I thought all were self adhesive.... I guess if I was told to lick a bunch of self adhesive stamps I would get a little upset as well
    [:D][:D][8D]
  • Options
    Jeb StuartJeb Stuart Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder what the total kill count would be if one were to add up all the deaths caused by postal employees over past 40 or so years? My first guess would be around 60.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I'm surprised that more of this type of behavior doesn't happen at DMV's........

But Dano, that would be justifiable homicide!

It does seem passing strange that 9 out of 10 of these are postal employees. Remind me not to take a job at the post office. Never happened when my dad was a mail man.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Well, it proves that the 9mm can still get the job done. I wonder if she used +P (postal) ammo?
  • Options
    WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a sad day.[:(]
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Not a Postal Employee. A FORMER Postal Employee on disability retirement with a mental problem. Female and everybody she shot was also female with the exception of one male. She had been on retirement since 2003.
  • Options
    morsecodemorsecode Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jeb Stuart
    I wonder what the total kill count would be if one were to add up all the deaths caused by postal employees over past 40 or so years? My first guess would be around 60.

I think that's a little low.

I would rather walk down a dark alley in Camden, NJ wearing a gun than enter a Federal or State building unarmed.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They can't mail a letter on time, they can't understand the concept of customer service, they can't fathom efficiency, but, boy, they sure can kill.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, its been a while since another postal working has proven the old cliche "going postal"....

I guess a person can only take so much before they are just pushed to drastic measures. Its too bad, something simple like a vacation could have probably prevent that whole ordeal from happening.