In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 7600 Patrol Gun?

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was up in Sioux Falls, SD a few weeks ago so I had to stop at Gary's Gun Shop just to snoop around. They're the closest store with any kind of inventory worth browsing. ( www.garysgunshop.com )

I was snooping at their selection of Remington 7600's and saw one with a REALLY short barrel. I asked the guy behind the counter what the heck it was. I had never seen a 7600 with such a short barrel. He turned the tag around and told me that it was a "Remington 7600 Patrol Rifle" in .308 Win.

Has anyone else seen one of these before?

Comments

• DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Built primarily for law enforcement. 16" barrel, ghost ring sights. Don't know why anybody would build (or buy) a pump action rifle for law enforcement use.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DWS--I agree. Anything requiring precision work would certainly demand the use of a bolt-action rifle. Close-in work that would require such a short barrel could be done with a shotgun. I've seen the Hollywood shootout videos. I've read the stories and taken in the various accounts. It is my humble opinion that a shotgun would have done just fine in that situation. How many people (given just about any level of body armor available) would have been standing after the application of some well-placed (or even half-*ssed) shotgun slugs?
  • ElbestaElbesta Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a rem 760 and it is very accurate and very fast. They are like a bolt action in that they have a rotating bolt that locks down with a screw action. They are the fastest rifle next to an auto but more reliable. With the short barrel you would lose some range but still be good to 200 yds and have good penetration.