In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TWO questions I need answered

loader44loader44 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
Friend of mine at work, legal resident alien, has "Green Card", working on his U.S. Citizenship, wants to buy a weapon ( hand gun ), can I legaly sell him one of my extra weapons? I have know this guy for over three years. Good guy. Does he need to do anything special, do I? Or do I just need to tell him to forget about it?

Next question.

I was asked this at work also today by one of the doctors I work with. His son was picked up by the police for "Defecating" on the grave of his former teacher. Charged with a: Class 2B Felony. Is there such a charge?

I know, wiered questions. Need all the help I can get.

loader44

Comments

• Options
    MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    Since it would be a personal transaction, I dont see any reason why it would be illegal.

mnd.jpg
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by loader44
    I was asked this at work also today by one of the doctors I work with. His son was picked up by the police for "Defecating" on the grave of his former teacher. Charged with a: Class 2B Felony. Is there such a charge?

I know, wiered questions. Need all the help I can get.

loader44

Since this is a violation of state law it's impossible to answer your question without knowing where it was committed.

Are you sure he wasn't charged with desecration rather than defecation?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Txs.

The doctors son is a student at Vanderbuilt, where ever that is? I guess my question is: is there really a class 2B felony for taking a DUMP on a grave. I thought it would be "desecration of a grave site", is that a class 2B felony?

Mosin,

Should have been more specific, the friend wants to buy one of my handguns, but also wants to buy a rifle for deer season. He said he went down to the local gun shop to try and buy a weapon and they gave him a real hard time. This is in Texas. Dont realy know who else to ask but the people on this board.

Problem I have at work, I reload, so everybody there thinks I have all the answers to ALL GUN relates questions. Truth is, I Don't Know Squat. Have told these people this, but still get asked all the questions. I think I will start charging them research time, $20.00 an hour should do.

loader44
  • Options
    dbaraledbarale Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about pooping on a grave but I migh be able to help wityh the other question.
    I am not a US citizen, also a legal alien with green card. As long as he is not a convicted felon he can legally own a firearm. In Florida I even got a CCW permit. Just ask for a copy of his driver's license and his green card or at least his alien #. You're not required by law but if he's a friend he won't mind. When I sell a gun to a friend I actually make them sign a little Bill of Sale with date and gun's serial #.

Daniel.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    extra guns?>???????????????????????????????

nremtpatch.jpgNever bring an ambulance to a gun fight till it's over.av-164.gif
  • Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vanderbilt U. is in TN.

According to Tennessee law:

39-17-311. Desecration of venerated object
    (a) A person commits an offense who intentionally desecrates:
    (1) A place of worship or burial; or
    (2) A state or national flag.
    (b) A violation of this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

40-35-111. Authorized terms of imprisonment and fines for felonies and misdemeanors

(e) The authorized terms of imprisonment and fines for misdemeanors are:
    (1) Class A misdemeanor, not greater than eleven (11) months twenty-nine (29) days or a fine not to exceed two thousand five hundred dollars ($ 2,500), or both, unless otherwise provided by statute;

DISCLAIMER: Not legal advice, for entertainment purposes only. Go consult a lawyer.
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    Aliens , legal or not shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm
    in this country!
    And that punk crapping on the grave of his former teacher
    is sick and should be taken out of society.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cripes, one has to jump through a series of political
    hoops in Massachusetts just to buy a weapon and in some
    states freaken aliens can privately buy'em.[?][?]
  • Options
    familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rong, what's so bad about a legal alien owning a gun? Seems to me our founding fathers felt our rights were inherent to all men, and simply outlined them as a formal declaration against tyranny. Or do you just have something against anyone who " ain't no 'merican"? As for Massachusettes residents having to jump through hoops, change your laws or move to another state.

"Tell me, why is it that I should trade one tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants one mile away....? An elected legislature can trample a man's rights..."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you're an alien in this country and not a citizen
    you have no "founding fathers" here. Become a citizen
    and enjoy the benefits and freedoms of this country.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rong, only by the most tenuous definition is MA part of the USA and as a firearms owner there you should understand it better than most. State laws vary and fortunately no state (except possibly the PRNJ) is as bad as those where you reside.

Legal residents (green card) pay taxes, many serve as volunteers in our military forces and otherwise are productive members of our society entitled to most of the rights and privileges of our nation.
    If you disagree with that, please explain why they are not to my wife and stepson who have already contributed far more than many so-called natives.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he's an alien, he should have a death ray.

That college kid deserves to be given an atomic swirley.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sonny, I need to explain nothing.
    I stand by my beliefs.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by loader44
    Txs.
    Should have been more specific, the friend wants to buy one of my handguns, but also wants to buy a rifle for deer season. He said he went down to the local gun shop to try and buy a weapon and they gave him a real hard time. This is in Texas. Dont realy know who else to ask but the people on this board.

The hassle he is getting is this:

To buy a gun at a gun shop, green card holders need to have their card with them and 3 months consecutive proof of residence. This has to be in the form of a bill with their name and address on it. The 3 months need to start with the most recent month and go back. So he would need July, June, & May of 05.

Any bill will work. The shop needs to keep a copy of the bills with the 4473 yellow form.

I immagine you could sell a personal firearm to him. But make sure you get / give a receipt with both of your info on it.

However, I think you would be best holding off on selling him one of yours till he buys something from a shop. Maybe he's not telling you something!!!!

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all for the responces on the gun issue.

I will take my friend down to the gun store and make sure he can legaly buy one from them first.

As far as the "PooP" thing, Yes, the kid is a real A--hole, I was just woundering if there was such a punishment as a Class 2B Felony!

Thanks again to all that responded.

loader44.
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you guys grew up and went to school, weren't there certain teachers who would hurt the children any way they could?
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not know what state you are in but "pooping" on a grave could be
    charged as desecration of a grave where I live and it is a felony.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I'm lucky,I have never lived in a state where you could not pick up the local newspaper classifieds and buy almost any type used firearm from another person,our sunday paper will have atleast 75 for sale.I have bought several here at yard sales,they dont care who you are[8D]
  • Options
    muleridermulerider Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure there were poor excuses for teachers when I went to school....none of them were dead.....a teacher who has passed away has ceased to be able to inconvenience anyone...getting in the car, driving to the cemetary, looking for the grave, dropping trou and depositing a pile of .. is really premeditated....I wonder what he may do to the next living person who upsets him? Truly, this is not the act of a person adjusted to reality....

Life......if you don't get over it, it will get you....

down here that would be charged as a felony desecration of a grave, and they take that right serious down in these parts...

The legal resident alien would be best served by going through the process of becoming a citizen....I would be unlikely to sell a firearm to a non-resident...

Don't pick on my mule, and we'll get along just fine!
  • Options
    PointerPointer Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want to know how the kid got caught? DNA?[:D]

Ohio
    Constitution,Artical 1,Section 4

mn_triumph-stipple-LG.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rong

Rong, this has to be the most ridiculous statement ever... Maybe you should take an american history class. Legal aliens have to in order to become a citizen. Besides the entire process takes up to six to eight years, in the meanwhile being productive members of the society.
    Those people should not be allowed to defend themselves? Do you really believe that this is what the founding fathers would want?

Daniel.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:
    The hassle he is getting is this:

To buy a gun at a gun shop, green card holders need to have their card with them and 3 months consecutive proof of residence. This has to be in the form of a bill with their name and address on it. The 3 months need to start with the most recent month and go back. So he would need July, June, & May of 05.

Any bill will work. The shop needs to keep a copy of the bills with the 4473 yellow form.

I immagine you could sell a personal firearm to him. But make sure you get / give a receipt with both of your info on it.

However, I think you would be best holding off on selling him one of yours till he buys something from a shop. Maybe he's not telling you something!!!!

Regards,

Drobs, I could be wrong but I believe this is only if you do not have a valid driver's license of the state in wich you are purchasing a firearm and to prove you residency. Again it could vary from state to state, but in Florida that what the law is.

Daniel.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have'em call a cop if they feel threatened.
    I don't think the founding fathers had a clue what
    200+ years of corruption and open boarders would
    do to this country.
    Once one becomes a legal citizen and law abiding
    he/she can enjoy the benefits and freedoms of this
    country.
    The world has changed ,the U.S. is no longer
    a melting pot of hard working immigrants contributing
    to society. There was a time and need for that but no more.
    Granted, there probably are a few but I don't see
    'em.Don't need anymore to drag down the country, we have enough
    already that call themselves citizens.
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    1. I do not have a problem with aliens here legaly with the intention of becoming a US citizen having a gun.
    2. You are the people who keep electing the worthless POS that write your restrictive laws.
    3. If you do not like jumping through hoops move to a decent state and quit whinning about your laws.
    4. If you won't move or don't vote these dudes out shutup and soldier.quote:Originally posted by rong
    Cripes, one has to jump through a series of political
    hoops in Massachusetts just to buy a weapon and in some
    states freaken aliens can privately buy'em.[?][?]

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
    - Max Lerner
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rong

Guess you missed this part of the post
    quote:legal resident alien, has "Green Card", working on his U.S. Citizenship
    Unless you are an American Indian all of your ancestors were aliens at one time. The immigrants who came here to build this country should have been denied guns when settling the frontier? Oh that was OK because they were white? You are a bigot who sees anyone who's not from here as a threat or less than human. If they are here legally more power to them If they want to become a citizen great I can't understand why they wouldn't want too. If they want a gun ditto.

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
    - Max Lerner
  • Options
    Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    What Wipala said.

Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I didn't miss any part of the quote but it really doesn't matter
    anyhoo because the laws are the laws and aliens are allowed to
    vote in certain areas and help elect corrupt
    politicians to office. Give 'em all guns,bombs and boxcutters
    it's their Alienable rights!
    As far as being a bigot,no I listen to and accept other people's
    opinion on occasion.
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't think of a reason why one would want to deficate on the grave of a teacher but I know a few people in this world who might get the fertilizer deposited if they pass before me.

Common Sense is an Uncommon Virtue.
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    quote:Posted by wipala:
    Unless you are an American Indian all of your ancestors were aliens at one time.
    Even if you ARE an Indian, your ancestors likely came from somewhere else and were once aliens.

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice.
    Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
    Barry Goldwater quoting from Cicero, I've been told.