In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Freedom!

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Free at last!

Free at last!

Thank God Almighty,

I'm free at last!

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net

Comments

• bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Divorce final David?

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Is today the day David?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
    edited November -1
    Judge signed the order today. I came out real good.

I get to keep ALL my retirement, both accounts.

I get to keep the house.

I absorb $32G in unsecured debt.

It is exactly what I asked for in August.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't go paintin' the town RED now, David. Well, maybe a little corner of town. Congrats.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

crawfordsville.gif
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I absorb $32G in unsecured debt.

BOOOOO!

Really though, if you haven't already, you might think about refinancing your house to payoff that 32K. But, that's only if you KNOW you can cover the higher payment every month - you don't want to risk your home if you can't cover it regularly. However, if you can, 30 year rates are sitting at around 5.375% right now - pretty low - and you won't have to deal with the higher interest consumer credit she ran up on you.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats David!! This is good news[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] I will do something for you tonite, since the wife is working and won't be home till late I will sneak downtown, but one bottle of beer, come home and have a toast for you! Then I will be in bed sleeping before she gets home[;)]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Thirty-two is cheap all things considered buddy.
    Congrats!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Congrats! It sure can be tough sometimes.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Dawnie, Travis, and I are going out to dinner to celebrate. Dawnie and I might have a drink or two, so Travis can drive.

• whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Proves the good guys win a few. Way to go, David.

Clouder..
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Congrats...sounds like you made out well, too! I got the shaft in my divorce with my first wife. I was too young to know any better, and actually put up a fight for anything.

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    [:D]Boy am I glad to hear that news![:D]

[;)]Am I going to get an invitation to your and Dawnie's wedding?[;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is great news. Maybe somewhere there is a tax deduction you can claim to make up some of the 32k as a loss.
    edited November -1
    Heff, you and my mom both are trying to get me married off again!

• 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it makes you happy then I'm happy for you!!
    As for me I got the best one on the market years ago and will keep her. All Fact No Brag.[:)]
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    NUNN I REMEMBER WHEN THIS ALL STARTED BUT THEN WAS OFFLINE FOR A LONG TIME. WHAT BROUGHT ALL OF THIS ABOUT? SPENDING TO MUCH TIME ON THE BROAD BOARD[;)]

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    David , you said it yourself not too long ago that you were the marrying type.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good guys do come out ahead and miracles do happen. [:)]

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • beaglebeagle Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations Dave!
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    good jon nunn

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
    edited November -1
    So when's the wedding? I will bring the shotgun !
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats! Funny you end up the same way (less kids, don't have any) my last one went! [:D][:D][:D]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Heff, you and my mom both are trying to get me married off again!

Ya' ran off the bad one, now ya' gotta' figure out how to keep the good one![;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Congrats on coming out ok. Most men don't.

Tippin my Bud Light to you.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you are over that hurdle, David. I'm amazed - but happy - it went so quickly.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great news nunn, i'm glad for you. Does this mean your POOFING finger is freed up too[?] [;)][^][:p][:)][:D]

"Well i'll be a suck egg mule"...Arthur Hunnicutt.
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Your wife must have been independently wealthy to get by that cheap. It is a two standard world when it comes to the big "D" and I don't care what any hard core women's libber says!

Interesting it happened during Black History month. You are one freed slave.

Marriage is either heaven or hell and when it is more hell than heaven time to go. As one of my best friends said after he got divorced for the third time when I asked him when did he know it was time to get divorced. His answer:

When I stopped wishing she were dead and started planning how to make her dead.
    That would be the time for the big "D"

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why does a divorce cost so much???

Because it's worth it.

Congrats David.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats David. It passed faster than I expected. I was hoping you would get your terms. As far as I'm concerned she gave up any claims she had by leaving the way she did.

Now as far as Dawnies wedding is concerned. Do you realize how big your bachelor party is going to be if we all show up?

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good on ya David! Don't you and Dawn paint the town too red, we don't want to rad about you in the paper![:p]

He Dog
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wish I would have had your lawyer when I went through that crap.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." --Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276
    edited November -1
    I would have given up the house to save my retirement. GREAT break that I got to keep both.

I sent her a letter stating that, no matter what the Court ordered, I would never share my retirement.

"You can't draw unless I do. If you get a piece of my retirement, I will simply never retire. I will work until I die, and then my beneficiary will receive the death benefit."

Maybe she believed me.

edited November -1
    Great read on the retirement letter David, However you would have to by law start drawing it at 70 ( however she might not know that ! )
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Congratulations Mr. Nunn!!

But,,,,,,,,,
    quote:David , you said it yourself not too long ago that you were the marrying type.

If I remember my history ,,,,, you HAVE BEEN the "marrying type" on more than one occasion.

I don't know what Dawnie's plans are for the future ,,,, but YOU might consider being her "very good friend".
    If you get my drift.

Good Luck David!