In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Future Shuttle flights grounded??

stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
NASA announced today that all future shuttle flights will be grounded because another piece of foam insulation fell off during the latest launch.
For all the billions of $$$ and all the great minds employed at NASA, you'd thind they could figure out how to hold STYROFOAM in place!!
How about LIQUID NAILS???
$1.49 at Home Depot!!

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater quoting from Cicero, I've been told.

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Yep, they can make carbon insulators that will handle temperatures that would vaporize steel but they can't get styrofoam to stick to a friggin' gas tank[;)] Maybe they ought to put the tank building up for bid, bet the company in Louisiana that makes 'em would find some decent glue in a hurry[;)]

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe I can sell them some caulkguns for $100 each..[B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One word: EPOXY[8D]

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, I just had a bright idea, since super glue bonds skin and anything together pretty much stronger than anything else we should super glue an insulating layer of illegals to the exterior of the shuttle's main fuel tank[:p][:o)][:0]

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    quote:we should super glue an insulating layer of illegals to the exterior of the shuttle's main fuel tank[:p][:o)][:0]

Ther ya go Kingjoey, cheaper than Liquid Nails .... and Home Depot could just grab em as they come through the door![;)]

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice.
    Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
    Barry Goldwater quoting from Cicero, I've been told.