In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Airport security personnal

turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I heard today on the news that, 80% of all airport security personnel were not US Citizens.The same piece mentioned that of a random testing of 12 security personnel tested on security basic procedures, 7 failed and were imediately removed from service.Should security personnel at sensitive locations and especially where the general public is at risk, be required to be citizens of the United States?

Comments

• Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    They just busted an airport security officer in Seattle who was in this country illegally. Operating on a forged green card.The security of this country is so balled-up after all these years of liberal influence, I don't know if we can ever recover.Meanwhile, the borders are still wide open.The inmates are running the nuthouse.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you pay someone the minimum wage you can expect minimum performance.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    BBB,I don't know.... maybe you're right,but I would say that minimum performance is what makes these people deserving of minimum wage!Anyone with a knowledge of sound business practices knows you don't pay your people more and then wait for their performance to catch up. Instead, when someone begins to perform at a higher level, then you increase their pay accordingly! Unless of course we're talking about government or union employment, in which case sound business principals definitely do not apply! I've worked with lots of grumblers who say "if they payed me more money, I might care more".......but that never happens!
    My wife?.........Sure!My dog?..........Maybe!MY GUNS??........NEVER!!!
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good point Stanman.
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The US citizenship question was asked on the news piece.I am of the opinion (humbly of course) that although it would be very desireable to have dedicated citizens, who are really concerned about the security issues,be consideed as a 1st candidates for employment in these type environments.Although this would not garauntee that all terrorist acts could be discovered, or stopped, however, I honestly believe that the quality of security would increase from what is being provided know.I served in the US Army, and while in training had an opportunity to work at the Division level S2 (Div. Intellegence), but was disqualified because I was not a citizen of this contrary, it didn't matter that I had been raised here from the time I was 2 years old, and I had been drafted for service. There is never any garauntees that even citizens (refer to FBI Agent Hansen) would be totally loyal to the cause of freedom, and the security of the nation.But, if immigrants are to be entrusted with this job of securing our nations airports, they should be required to be citizens.Our nations air transportation systems are just as important as the security of the White House and Congress and other sensitive ares, if background checks and security clearances are required for personnel gaurding the capitol, then the same requirements ought to be the standards for qualifying airport security officers. There is a minmum requirement placed on all those wishing to become citizens, if they don't meet these requirements, or have taken no steps or made an effort to want to denounce allegiance to the country they came from and swear allegiance to this country, then they ought to be denied, sensitive positions of responsibility.One mans opinion..