In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Atlantic Time Zone? Just curious!

OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Why does this site operate on Atlantic time?

Comments

• Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe they forgot to take off daylight savings time...
    The definition of an "expert":An "X" is an unknown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe Gunbroker operates out of New York? Or maybe that's just where the server is.
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    GunBrokers IP trace's to Georgia.Atlantic time is the Maritime Providence's of Canada.[This message has been edited by 22WRF (edited 12-28-2001).]
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe its ECHELON ENIGMA time-frame for monitoring all postings HE HE HE!
    Ignis Natura Renovatur Integram
  • Options
    Diesel DummyDiesel Dummy Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific - Where's "Atlantic" fit in?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Its the time Zone just East of The Eastern. Maybe this program is being broadcast from Dreads Island.
    KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does this means that we, on the west coast, are beat out of three hours to bid on the same item, that closes on the eastern standard time? or worse, we have to stay up late to find out if we won?Now I'm really confused..It' a communist plot.[This message has been edited by turbo (edited 12-28-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes Turbo You Got the Shaft unless you move farther West until You are just East of the Atlantic Time Zone then you will be able to go to bed a lot earlier....I wish they would set it to Central time Zone then It would agree with my Clock. Of Course the only accurate way to do it would be to set it in Mountain time and tie it into the Atomic Clock in Colorado.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Turbo I was just fun'n you partly on that previous post you have the same advantage as anyone else when it comes to the close of these auctions but you are right you have to stay up later to do any snipe'n Now if you want to keep all of this time zone stuff straight and have something to set your watch to then go to The National Institute of Standards and Technology's webb site www.boulder.nist.gov Access Internet Time Services then Click on Current Time. You can download this digital clock onto your desktop and access the exact time anytime you want and check the different time zones by clicking on that part of the good ole U.S. of A. or you can just bookmark the site but it is a lot easier if you put it on your desktop then you just click on it and Wala instant exact time anytime...Now I have given away one of my tricks so you can be a competitive bidder on e-bay now, I haven't lost one yet unless I was where I couldn't access a computer at the auction closing time...Oh by the way you have the advantage if us guys east of you are at work without a computer, they you can drop the hammer on us due to the time zone difference. It all equals out in the long run.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I`m in Flarda=Eastern zone,GunBroker time is an hour ahead of me.....that buts them east of me by ,..let`s see here,..oh no,..OH NO..OH MY GOD...THE BURMUDA TRIANGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.218
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YE CATS!!! IT IS DREDD'S ISLAND!!!Ding-a-ling! Ding-a-ling!"De UFO! De UFO!""Smiles, everyone, smiles!"[This message has been edited by .250Savage (edited 12-29-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Turbo, I woke up this morning and had an epiphany, Ran into the computer and Checked the atomic Clock. I advised you wrong in the earlier post When it is 6 A.M. here it is 4 a.m. there if you are in California So you have a disadvantage about the Auctions ending in early afternoon but don't have to stay up as late on the ones that end at night. My apolizizes...But you and I both still need to move to Texas....Auto
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Otoman, no offense taken,I think when I posted, I had been staring to long into this computer screen.Actually I don't stay up to watch the bid board, when bidding.An actually I like Texas, I have family on my wifes side there, the whole family was in on that 50 mil lottery winnings a few years back.The family moved out to that part of the country before civil war , and helped settle what is now (Kent, Scurry, Garza,Crosby Counties), most men in family had been in county service as commissioners, judges or law enforcement, the younger fellows like farming better.Most famous was a guy named "Pink Higgins", a real, Ranger, range rider, gunslinger, feudist, indian fighter.If it wasn't so hot and dry there, I wouldn't mind moving there but, man you can't beat the weather in Kalifornia.Ley me see, what shall I wear today? mmmh.