In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The AWB Diner Debate - I'm Back

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
This has certainly been the most intense 48 hrs that I have been through in some time. From the big one sided AWB debate at breakfast yesterday, emailing my reps for the bill being proposed and my fiance's family and friends in Canada being scared to death by Micheal Moore's film last night, I am ready for a break. Now that I am back from the morning's mission I'm going to hang out with free thinking and freedom loving people for at least 24 hours.

Ok, I'm back from this morning's AWB diner debate. The fellows really did not notice the GunBroker posts on the place matts until the discussuion started. For the most part we had a good and somewhat intellegent debate going but it quickly slid back to the brick wall for 3 of the 4 fellows involved from yesterday.

I want to thank everyone for replying to the the "hunting with a AW" post yesterday. After we got into it the debate the place matt references were sure a good reference to show some of these block heads that "AWs" are used by the average Joe for hunting and sporting purposes and not crime and war. One of the things that really helped was all the posts that contained Constitutional facts and logic applied towards the gun control issues........Thanks.

Three of the fellows maintained that since times are changing the Constitution should too and they had no problem with gun control since it really does not affect the rights of legitimate sportsman.[:0]

The odd man in the group was slow to accept some of the cold facts of the debate more than likely from group dynamics. He did come away agreeing that the gun control agenda has gotten out of hand and the rights and future freedoms of US citizens are a stake but still maintained that "AWs" have no place in civilian hands and would still support the AWB renewal.

Oh well, we did make a little progress since one brick in the wall was chinked away from the mortar. Let's all keep chinking away at the brick walls and keep spreading the facts and truth about gun control.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Comments

• chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    What is AWB??? could you tell me so I can read your post????????
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Assault Weapon Ban

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome chuck. If you'll read back a few pages of our (fascinating) recent posts you can get up to speed on some of our shorthand. [;)]

gunpaq -- Wish I'd been there! You did great. You can't expect a big win over this kind of willingness to carve up the Bill of Rights, but you did good anyway. The facts are now stuck in their heads. An old saying says, "Once you know something, you can't un-know it." They are stuck now with the epiphany that the 2nd Amendment does not address hunting or sport. As that thought rattles around in their heads, it will slowly begin to wear away the misinformation they've unwittingly accumulated from the gun-ban propagandists.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    The fellow whose house I worked on the other day said he supported it because no one needs machine guns. I gave him a quick run down on the facts and he said,"You mean they banned semi-automatics?" He thought that the AK's and AR's that most of us own and shoot were the exact same as the military versions. He also thought that with just a little adjustment a semi-auto could be made to fire full auto. After learning the facts he felt that it was stupid to ban guns for their appearance. He had a problem with the high cap mags still. Not sure what to say to argue that point other than changing mags rapidly to sustain fire is no big problem for someone intent on doing damage.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you dont know much about the AW Ban, go to www.awbansunset.com which is an awesome , extremely informative website about the ban.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even a little progress is good.
    I know my post on your other thread, was not on subject, just had to throw it in.

The gene pool needs chlorine.