In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Where do I start?

BADAKBADAK Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I want to start a small (mostly internet based) retail firearms dealership and would be running the business from within my current business (a farm implement dealership in the midwest) so retail space is not an issue. Also, I have checked with our local Chief of Police and there are no zoning or ordinance restrictions. All the necessary FFL and BATF paperwork is complete and I have all the necessary forms. So...my question is...What are the best sources for wholesale firearms distributors? I am currently working with a few, but would like to broaden my contacts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• BADAKBADAK Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope this is the right place to ask this sort of question. I'm a 17 year old student, living in the East TN area. I grew up in a family that wasn't anti-gun, but didn't hunt or own any firearms themselves. I've also been very interested in the history of guns and guns themselves. Now that I'm out of the house and on my own..where do I start if I want to make firearms a hobby? How old does one have to be to purchase and own a gun? Are there any local/national organizations that offer safety/training courses in firearms? I'm quite new to this, but I want to make it a hobby, any information and help would be greatly appreciated.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get your FFL and they will find you[;)]

use_deer.jpg
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a shotgun news (or other gun) magazine(s). Send a copy of your FFL to each of the advertisers that you think you might like to do business with. Ask for a dealer catalog from each of them.

The gene pool needs chlorine.