In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hey! SLIDER-in-KY...

jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
That handle, Slider, reminds me of a guitar player (slide player) and KY reminds me of "in key", as musical key, and the "Florida Keys", etc, Jimmie Buffet.

So I thought you were a musician playing along the Keys of Florida.

How about that!

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think of KY Jelly and "slider in" sounds like something you do when you are using KY. [:D][:D][:D]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    We call that "slick-slick"[:D][:D][:D]
  • MaddBiscuitMaddBiscuit Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought a slider was a burger. Can't imagine how many times I've heard "slider & fries".

"Give me a fast ship for I intend to go in harms way." Captain John Paul Jones
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Yup. Ten pack sliders. $3 or $4.
  • SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, when I came up with that handle a few years ago, I was watching Top Gun at the time. The name Slider stuck out. Since I live in Kentucky, I just added the other part. I never really thought about it in the way that bambihunter referred to it, but that is pretty funny!!! I think he is just sniffing for a 1076!! (wink to bambihunter)!!!

EMSParamedic.gif
    I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I was hoping you'd be SOOO disgraced and embarrassed that you'd have no recourse other than sell me the gun. [:D]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • mag44pistolmag44pistol Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey slider,
    Im in Kentucky to ow! this talk forum is in trouble now, 2 hillbillies in the same place? hahahahaha, ok now i`ve said that im really glad to know that more than I am here to represent us. By the way im in northern Kentucky about 45 miles strait south of Cincinnat Ohio.

mag44pistol
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHAT? It does not mean what bambihunter said?
    Well I'll be.

The gene pool needs chlorine.