In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Giveaway for Novice reloaders - WINNER

IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
This giveaway is for those who don't have the gear yet. To be eligible, you must be someone just starting out in the hobby, not have won a previous Iconoclastic giveaway, agree to put it to use before the year is out and agree to pay the shipping.

The item involved is an Ohaus dual powder measure (has two chambers - small one for metering handgun charges, large one for metering rifle charges. It's in good shape and very reliable. I simply upgraded to highly precise measures some years back and put this one on the shelf "against the day" one of mine broke down. I don't want to haul it to East Overshoe, or wherever, when I move. It comes with the stand so it can be mounted independently from the press on your reloading bench. Directions are long gone, but anyone can figure it out.

Will pick the winner from the hat on the 22nd, in honor of our first - and greatest (IMNSHO) - President.

===============
Sorry for the delay; things got screwy Sunday and the boss just got home to pick it.

Congratulations 0311 Marine - looks like you gotta start loading!

Send me your shipping address and phone number via email icon and I'll get this out to you.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)

Comments

• giantgiant Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please throw my name in Im loading with a Lee loader with a powder dipper now and looking to upgrade to a press soon

Don't die for your Country make your enemy die for his

Keep everything as simple as possible but no simpler
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please enter my name in. I'm STILL a Novice with a very crude set-up cuurently.... Thanks,

"I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY"
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me clarify this - anyone at the Lee Loader level is eligible!! Definitely!!

Incidentally, when I bought this back 30 or so years ago, it was widely considered to be about the best then available. It's been surpassed by technology, but it is a high quality unit.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Im using a lee challenger, and an old Herters press, with an old herters scale, do I qualify???

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    WOW!!! WHAT GREAT GIVEAWAY,IVE BEEN REALLY INTERESTED IN RELOADING,http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63675 BUT I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE GEAR YET.PLEASE THROW MY NAME IN THE HAT.AND THE CHANCE TO WIN.[:)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Throw my name in the hat, please. I grew up around reloading and want to get my own shop started. :)
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Well, you know where I stand. I've been C&P'ing from numerous posts, and I think I have it down.

I've always wondered what "Match Quality" ammo meant.
    I thought it meant that you used it in Matches;
    now however, I think it would be appropriate to say that a loaded cartridge itself can be a mirror image of the neat one, and the next one... something you can only achieve through hand-loading or buying $$$ ammo.

[:D][:D][:D]
  • 0341USMC0341USMC Member Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    through my name in please.i hate scooping it in

0341USMC
    SEMPER FI
    Christian
    American
    heterosexual
    PRO GUN
    conservative
    Any Questions?
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have any equipment, but hopefully that'll change after I get a house with a garage (we're currently looking).
    Throw me in if I'm eligible.
    Thanks

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    But Teak, I really need a new powder measure. My old one I bought used is worn slam out.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
    edited November -1
    Well, bamboo, I don't think you qualify. The give-a-way is for people who want to START NOW!
    edited November -1
    bdj, I think the world of ya, bud, but this is to help folks get started, not replace the stuff they've worn out. You're only looking at replacing one piece of equipment, the newbies have that first large investment to make. I included the poor sods using the Lee Loaders because, for all intents and purposes, they still haven't begun reloading although their knowledge of the basic principles is already in place.

• 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please toss my name in the hat I'm still dipping powder with the little yellow scoops.
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I woiuld like to have my name thrown into the hat, please. My dad used to reload most of our shotgun shells when I was younger...not sure what ever happened to that old set up. Would this set-up be able to be modified to do shotgun loads?
  • Jesse1579Jesse1579 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please throw my name in the had also. I've been thinking about getting into reloading but just haven't been able to yet.

Jesse_Lee@notes.grainger.com
    edited November -1
    Zukebaby, shotgun is a whole different ball of wax. While this would meter powder charges for you, normally the shotgun reloading presses have a bar which accepts two bushings - one for a specific amount of powder, the other for a specific weight of shot . . . in the process of loading the shell, one pushes the bar from side to side to insert either the shot or the powder at specific points in the process. If you were going to do something really special with shotshells, possibly this would buy you something, but for 99.9999999% of shotshell loading it would merely gather dust. This is designed to be used with metallics.

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is very generous of you I will definitly put it to use before the year is out. Please throw my name in the hat.
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like to get in on this one! Throw my name in the hat.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks anyway, but I'm not a novice at getting loaded!

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    never owned one, always wanted to learn how though, so add my name in the list too please!
    edited November -1
    I'm glad i didn't win. with all the emails and help you've given me, it might look rigged[:D]
    edited November -1
    Well, Jim, while the sweet lady who picked the slip is, IMNSHO, very well "rigged" [:D], the user names scribbled thereon mean nothing.

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    wow thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winning the giveaway, and starting the new job.
    Must be a good time for you.
    WTG Iconoclast.

The gene pool needs chlorine.