In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good news

A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
With all the sad news, bad news, and whatever I figured I'd pass along that my wife is doing very well despite the morning sickness, which is a lie (she does not stop yacking at noon, and does not like it when I point out the time of day to her while she is in the middle of a yack)...

We are ten or so weeks along now and what I love about my wife is that for her she takes the mother thing seriously from day one of being pregnant as far as taking care of the baby which is good... I however can't really do anything other than go to Dr appointments and rub her feet...

The cool thing is here is that the due date is on my birthday Jan 21st, which is the day her grandmother died, which is kinda weird, but good at the same time.

Comments

• A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have any?
    edited November -1
    Club president called me today to tell me that one of my senior 4-H students qualified to go the the National shoot. This will be his final shoot for the 4-H as he will pass the age limit this fall. Keep ya fingers crossed that he does good at the Nationals..
    edited November -1
    JACKSON, Wyo. (AP) -- Biologists have discovered mange in a Jackson Hole wolf pack during an operation to collar wolves in the northwest Wyoming area.

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service biologist Mike Jimenez said all five wolves collared in the Antelope Pack had mange. Another two that were not collared also were observed to be suffering from the mites.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Looks like Kerry is starting to hurt for funds.
    Got this e mail today
    (Yes I subscribe to the Kerry website, I file that under know your enemy)

quote:It's time to fundraise again. Why? Because if we don't, we're going to get another four years of George Bush. The reality of this campaign is that simple.

We're asking you to make a contribution today. But on top of that, we need you to do something even more important: ask a friend, coworker, or family member to contribute too
    This week and next, you're going to get emails from Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry's Vietnam crewmate Del Sandusky, our field directors, the campaign's photographer Sharon Farmer, and others.
    "Vietnam crewmate Del Sandusky" Everyone that served had at least one sheet-head in their unit" Here's Kerry's
    "Vietnam crewmate Del Sandusky"

Can't wait to hear from the Billary's

(Wasting their time the best I can)

bumpersticker.gif
    ErmlLogo.jpg
    edited November -1
    Sandy's pneumonia is not the bad kind, and she will finish up her IV antibotics on Tuesday and will come home either Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning and continue taking antibiotics orally until she is well.

I didn't get much sleep last night, but did manage to get the horse trailer pulled back to the farm and get the "Posted, No Trespassing" signs mounted on the fence around the lot. I will also get the no trespass order in front of the judge tomorrow for Mr. Teter so the police can arrest him on sight at the property.

This was all at the recomendations of the police who felt that Mr. Teter was not receptive to their inquiry as to his statements of cutting the lock off and taking the trailer. Seems he felt as if they would have to catch him in the act if they thought they could. This guy must be a real flake!

Due to lack of sleep last night, I dozed off and drove off of the road on the way back to Lewisville from Dublin. Wow, that will wake your butt up in a hurry!

Going to take Sandy some supper, then I'm coming home and go to sleep. I should be able to get some rest since some of the worries are relieved. I've got to go to the court house in the morning, then on to work, so I need a good nights rest!

Later all. Be good and play nice![;)]
    edited November -1
    Got some good news for you, per the National Bureau of Economic Research, the "Great Recession" has been over since June 2009. This is hot off the press news.
    edited November -1
    Dori's Mom Jean Is Coming Home Today
    With The Only Disability....Losing The Peripherial Vision In
    her Right Eye
    Thank God And All Of You That Prayed For Her
    Here ....Or behind the Scenes.
    you Are Truely An Awesome Bunch
    Thank You
    Thank You
    Woody & Dori[^][^]
    [:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    >On January 18, the U.S. Supreme Court will begin a process
    >that could overturn Roe v. Wade!
    >
    >Because you have stood with the Center for Reclaiming
    >America on pro-life issues, I wanted to alert you to
    >this news.
    >
    >On January 18, Norma McCorvey (the original "Jane Roe" of
    >Roe v. Wade) will file a legal appeal with the Supreme Court
    >to have Roe v. Wade reversed. I will be in Washington, D.C.,
    >on that day to stand with our friends at The Justice
    >Foundation in support of this case.
    >
    >The Justice Foundation has invested thousands upon thousands
    >of hours in this case. They have gathered an enormous body
    >of evidence to support Norma's case.
    >
    >Doug, this is a powerful opportunity to
    >refute Roe v. Wade!
    >
    >Here is how you can help.
    >
    >First, notify your friends. Forward this message to everyone
    >you know. We simply must get the word out.
    >
    >Second, please pray for Norma and the team at The Justice
    >Foundation. Set aside time on January 18, specifically,
    >to pray.
    >
    >Third, find out more about this case and how you can
    >impact The Justice Foundation's efforts here:
    >
    >http://www.operationoutcry.org
    >
    >Thank you!
    >
    >Dr. Gary Cass
    >Executive Director
    >Center for Reclaiming America
    >
    >+ +
    >For CENTER coverage of this issue:
    >
    >http://www.reclaimamerica.org/pages/operation/operationout.asp
    >
    >+ +
    >The Center for Reclaiming America, established by
    >Dr. D. James Kennedy, is an outreach of Coral Ridge Ministries
    >to inform the American public and motivate Christians to defend
    >and implement the biblical principles on which our country was
    >founded. The Center, led by Executive Director Dr. Gary Cass,
    >provides non-partisan, non-denominational information, training,
    >and support to all those interested in impacting the culture and
    >renewing the vision set forth by our Founding Fathers.
    >
    >Questions? cfra@coralridge.org
    >

Larry
    binladen.gifShowLetter.gif
    edited November -1
    I have a hernia. It is a 8mm tear above me belly button, with intestine and fat coming through. Guess I will be headed under the knife soon.
    edited November -1
    Been having pain in my back for about six months and kept getting worse. Each bite of food would hurt in my back when it passed a certain point. Went to the doc last thursday and he put my butt in the horseypital Friday for all kinds of tests. He put me on nexium? right away and the pain went away. He got the report today and they said the only thing wrong with me is fat and a hiatial? hernia making me have acid reflux which was making a sore down there some where. Doc said I may live another week or two or who knows? He said the nexium would heal it all up. Well dang it it was good news to me!
    edited November -1
    Got some great news today. My youngest daughter is the Store Manager for the Pep Boys store here. Her store is rated 2nd in the county, and she is pushing the number 1 store hard. About a month ago she was invited to apply for a position on the Pep Boys Advisory Board. Got news today that she had been accepted. She's really excited. I'm really proud of her.

This is the daughter that at age 16 I would not have given a plug nickle for her chances of doing anything positive with her life, but she got it all turned around and has turned out to be a marvelous youg lady. She will be 40 in May - Still young to me.
    edited November -1
    Went to tractor supply to get dog food today. Girl I knew was workin the counter, asked if I needed job she said a bunch of guys just quit. She told me if I filled out an app she'd talk to the manager. So, might be getting a job at tractor supply (hopefully). But hey, it's only a mile from school. And id be able to get a discount on one of them big fancy gun safes.[:D]
    edited November -1
    Just got back from the Doc's and my anual Ultra Sound, its been confirmed . I AM NOT PREGNANT:[:o)][:o)]

On the serious side the AAA has not expanded any which is the real good news.[:p]
    edited November -1
    Church Agrees Not To Picket Slain Child's FuneralPhelps-Roper Says Church Decided Not To Picket In Exchange For AirtimePOSTED: 10:54 am KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A controversial Kansas church has decided not to protest at the funeral of a 9-year-old girl killed in Saturday's shooting rampage in Tucson, Ariz.
    Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., said church members will skip Thursday's funeral of Christina Taylor Green.
    Phelps-Roper was interviewed Tuesday by a station in Toronto, Canada, and is scheduled to be on a morning talk show Saturday. She says Westboro Baptist Church decided not to picket in exchange for the airtime.
    Phelps-Roper said the group will picket the funeral Friday for U.S. District Judge John Roll and at the intersection where Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and others were shot.
    The Arizona Legislature unanimously passed a measure Tuesday banning protests at or near funeral sites.
    The Topeka Capital-Journal first reported the church's decision to skip the girl's funeral. Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Log in with your u local account or join.Join | Forgot PasswordOr log in using another provider500 characters remaining(Log in to add a comment) Share on Facebook Share on TwitterThe following are comments from our users. This is not content created by KMBC.com.
    By posting your comments you agree to accept the Terms of Use.1 2 3 .6 ?pauseforpeace [Profile]MemberJan. 12, 2011 6:00pm CST InappropriateMight be onto something, eh? Tell "the clan" we are giving em a chance to voice their beliefs....arrange the commercial sponsors without their knowledge...make a big to-do about it nationally.....funny as HE###!!!!!!!! and not a darned thing they could do about it (unless they PAID for the time, which is highly unlikely)
    beyondbelief [Profile]MemberJan. 12, 2011 5:21pm CST InappropriateRockwood and pauseforpeace - love either one of your ideas

Just fyi - baptist is not a copyrighted label. Anybody can hang the name on their church without joining any larger group of 'baptists' or agreeing with any other group of 'baptists'. In the Westboro case it is obviously done to mislead others about their cult of crazies.
    crazylady1234 [Profile]MemberJan. 12, 2011 5:15pm CST Inappropriatepauseforpeace....I think you have made the best suggestion of anyone...loved it and gave me the laugh for the day. Nothing would be better!!! Just make sure they know who is being advertised during the breaks.....
    pastorfreeman [Profile]MemberJan. 12, 2011 4:36pm CST InappropriateThe Westboro Baptist Church or should I say Westboro Cult defies all of the Laws of God. The commandments remind us, Thou Shall Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor. This church does not practice religious beliefs, this church practices spiritual terrorism. How dare they use the Name of God in vain for selfish, self centered purposes
    dagann [Profile]MemberJan. 12, 2011 4:32pm CST Inappropriateit would almost be worth having a hate law to shut up this obviously inept woman and her clan of sicophants using religion for a tool fot their hate should not be tolerated.
    1 2 3 .6 ? Shared on Facebook Most Read
    Most Watched
    Most Commented
    Mo. Airman Dead After Texas Standoff; 2nd MissingMo. Adopts New Red Light Camera PolicyFormer KU Player Pleads No Contest To ChargesChurch Agrees Not To Picket Slain Child's Funeral? More Most Popular
    Pictures In The News 5 Surprising Cold/Flu Remedies
    Tsunami-Like Flood Slams Australia Town
    Panda Politics: China Sending 2 Pandas To Scotland

Links We Like Best Bets SectionsHomeLocal NewsNational NewsWeatherEntertainmentSportsMost PopularStationKMBC JobsAbout KMBCKMBC-HDContact KMBCCaptioning ContactsEditorialsAdvertiseNews TeamServicesMobileVideoEmail AlertsWeatherCallRSSTwitterKansas City Yellow PagesSpotlightsLarry's PageQuickCastAdopt-A-PetNeighborhood NotesGreen PagesBlogsPartnersHearst TelevisionKCWEABCCNNMake KMBC.com Your Homepage

c 2011, Hearst Stations Inc. on behalf of KMBC-TV.
    Click here for the privacy policy, terms of use.
    Click here for advertising information.
    Microsoft MapPoint Terms of Use
    Microsoft Privacy Statement
    See All Internet Broadcasting Sites
    Yellow Pages
    Site Map
    edited November -1
    No ribs broken from the fall. Got some pain medicine. Never taken vicodin.
    edited November -1
    Federal Judge Rules Citizens Don't Need `Good Reason' to Carry a Gun
    Filed under
    2nd Amendment, Constitution, Law

Maryland residents do not have to provide a "good and substantial reason" to legally own a handgun, a federal judge ruled Monday, striking down as unconstitutional the state's requirements for getting a permit.

U.S. District Judge Benson Everett Legg wrote that states are allowed some leeway in deciding the way residents exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms, but Maryland's objective was to limit the number of firearms that individuals could carry, effectively creating a rationing system that rewarded those who provided the right answer for wanting to own a gun.

"A citizen may not be required to offer a `good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights," Legg wrote. "The right's existence is all the reason he needs."
    edited November -1
    Got some real good news this week.After ten years of waiting I finally have an interview and the test for my naturalisation.Now Im busy swotting up on the history of this fine country.Wish me luck fellas my interview is on august 28th.
    edited November -1
    Just back from a visit to the the VA, annual physical and followup on the shoulder surgery.

Cholesterol number is 136, the one they are usually concerned about, last year it was 238 and they were concerned. Laid off the cheese (one of my favorite foods) and the greasy food, did not take any drugs for it. All else looks good.

Had shoulder surgery in December, was supposed to have physical therapy for 6 weeks, made it 3 or 4 times. Got all my range of motion back and about 85% of my strenght, doctor says that'll be back in a couple more months.
    edited November -1
    My XDs has been shipped out this morning. I am supposed to have it Monday. I've really missed that little bugger. [:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    A woman phoned her husband at work. When she started to talk, he told her, "I'm sorry, honey, but I just don't have time today. Everything that could possibly go wrong has, and I'm up to my * in alligators."

"But I've got some good news and some bad news," she insisted.

Her husband sighed, "Okay, but I can't take any more bad news. Just give me the good news."

His wife hesitated a moment, then said, "Well, the airbag works."

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, NRA ILA EVC, Past President NRA Members Council
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
    marinesega2.jpg
    edited November -1
    Went to the VA yesterday, cancer doc gave me a clean bill of health.
    I have to go back every 3 months for monitoring, but as of now, all is good. Pour me another one.[:D][:D]
    W.D.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is good news AJ and keep up the good work. [:D]
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    Cutting the cheese out would be like a smoker trying to quit. I love cheese. Congrats on the good word.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like good news to me.