In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cost of Guns/Ammo going down?

legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Im I the only one that has seen less bids on AR,AK type guns. Seems like they are selling cheaper on GB now. AR lowers and ammo also?

Comments

• 1fisher1fisher Member Posts: 1,012 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that a lot of the "panic" buying is over. The local gun shop has at least 15 ARs and Springfields on the rack right now - the most I have seen in the last 6 or 8 months. They are still selling, but not as soon as they are put out in the rack.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Dont know about ARs but I dont think we will see ammo prices come down til we see ammo on the shelves at the stores or "in stock" w/online sites. Primers are "nonexistant"[:(] Still dont see any pistol inventory
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We got in 8 AR's 2 weeks ago, still have 3. S&W MP15's are moving slower. Ammo is still flying though.

Lance
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Still pretty hard to find 9mm in stock.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never really had a problem getting guns or most factory ammo here. Primers and powder, that's a different story! Pretty bad when you can't find a few boxes of CCI 200's and a pound of almost any IMR.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen much to support the idea of lower prices. I had a grab bag of AR-15 odds and end listed, maybe $70 worth of stuff, and it sold easily for twice that amount. Ammo prices are still way up there and primers would also be sky high...If there were any available for sale.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a cheaper then dirt catilog and remington UMC .223 was 25.00 a box.[xx(] I am never buying from them again.

Some regular federal .223 was 30.00
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Buddy of mine Tx has a FEW primers. He's limiting @ 2pks per customer. 200 primers. $4.95 a pack. Told me he paid $40 per thousand. I believe him too
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We got in a few lbs of Varget too! NO primers.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    guns have met the price as to supply and demand..i see ammo starting to to peak as to price, demand still there, see lots at shows but nobody buying now unless it is a great deal..end of summer i see powder,primers,ect more avalible
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    I got a cheaper then dirt catilog and remington UMC .223 was 25.00 a box.[xx(] I am never buying from them again.

Some regular federal .223 was 30.00

I've seen Cheaper Than Dirt's crazy mark-ups as well, and will also never again buy from them. They were one of the first sites I noticed that really jacked up prices. I understand supply/demand and all that, but at some point it just becomes a matter of abusing your buyers.

Sportsmans Guide was one that held pretty steady on their prices, but now most of their stuff is backordered as far as November.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Private sale priced are going down a bit around here.
    A month ago, you could name your price for ammo, and some guns.
    Not selling quite that fast now days.
    Sellers are having to drop their outrageous prices a bit, to sell it.