In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Forgot my Grandaughters 2nd B-day

dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What do you do to an old man who forgets his only (so far) grandaughters birthday? I forgot and will have to ship the gifts out tommorow. Man do I feel bad. I have never forgotton any of my kids birthdays or any other special days. Don the forgetful.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"

Comments

• crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey don't feel bad. Everybody forgets things like that and if someone tells you differently their lying. That little girl would forgive you in a second. And I am sure she will love what ever you are sending. I have a 3 year and she would think nothing of it. Kids are the greatest thing in the world and they think the same of their grandparents!!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the immortal words of that wise sage, Homer Simpson, "D'OH!"
    Not a biggie. Especially if they're only two...heck, I don't even remember anything before I was 4 or 5. I doubt the kids going to be scarred for life.[:)]
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You make a yearly calendar in advance, and put all the birthdays on it.

Like these: http://www.printablecalendar.ca/

That way, you dont forget.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    It is Grandma's job to remind the old man of these things. If there isn't a grandma available then you do the best you can. Happens all the time in our large family, don't sweat it.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Don't feel bad. I can only remember my own birthday. I never remember my parents, brother, sister, nieces or nephews. I do remember my significant others because she starts reminding me about a month or two in advance.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As punishment you must ship one gun to each member that posted on this thread. [}:)] [:D] [:o)]

Most of the time I do not even remember my own birthday, unless the wife reminds me.
    But I do NOT forget hers. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.