In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Been meaning to say thanks to y'all ... update

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Some of you may remember, just after Christmas I asked for a prayer for my dad who was taken to the hospital Christmas night ... He was in critical condition and the outlook for him to survive wasn't good.

As it turns out, he surprised the doctors who had prepared us for the worst ...

He had been having trouble stumbling and falling when he walked ... because of this he was hardly taking in any fluids so he wouldn't have to go to the bathroom as often ... While we were at my wifes family for Christmas 700 miles away, it got so bad he couldn't get up and Mom would have to call for help to get him back on his feet. Then when he fell out of bed Christmas night ... Mom and a family friend took him to the VA Hospital. He was severely dehydrated, his kidneys had shut down and prescriptions were poisoning him as a result of not getting flushed from the body ... he was very weak and literally only an hour or so from death.

Well ... surprisingly enough he has made a fantastic turn-around, is out of the hospital and in a rehabilitation clinic to get his strength back ... hopeful will be back home in a few weeks.

Thanks to all that offered a prayer or positive thought.

===========================
Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Great news!
    These old buzzards are tougher than we think sometimes. At 89 my dad has his ups and downs, but keeps moving forward.
  • maboogermabooger Member Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's good news.

I couldn't tell you the number of times Tim's parents & my grandmother did the same thing. They refused to give up !!!

You will really be impressed after he gets out from the rehab. They do miracles with all the physical therapy. If it's anything like what we've experienced he'll act 10 years younger.

ma.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimberkid that is great news. Take care of him and hopefully he will recover quickly. Tomorrow is a bummer day, 26 years since my Dad passed away.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    That's great! God is awesome, and prayer is powerful![:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    God is good. Thanks for sharing the news.
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimber , beyond good news . Thanks for sharing w/us .

Work like you don't need the money.

Love like you've never been hurt.

And dance like no one is watching.

Have guns,will travel<P>
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Tony

Outstanding news that should act as a reminder to all the power of prayer and that GOD does listen.
    Give your Dad our best wishes and tell him "Gun People" did this for him, not fishermen, baseball players, etc.
    How'd the "weiner dog" thing work out...any news?
    Mike

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Great news is always appreciated. Our prayers to continue for his recovery.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear it.
    Thanks for the update.

The gene pool needs chlorine.