In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Enough is enough...

8yellowfintuna8yellowfintuna Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2005 in General Discussion
Well today was the day, a while back I had posted I was comming out of retirement, well guess what as of 1200pm Thursday 31 March I will be retired again, and for good this time.

Since returning to work it has been one snafu after another, the Col. in charge is a butthead, can't talk rationally with this guy and because I'm a civilian worker my opinions aren't worth a damn. Now I remember why I retired in Jan 2004. I can only hope this fool never makes general.

So I'm hear to tell all of you that said not to go back to work, you were right, so in the morning I'll clean up my desk. tell the old man he can kiss me were the sun doesn't shine, turn in my keys, ID card post decal then I'm off to play some golf.

By the way the whole day wasn't a waste, picked up my 44 mag, finally got here, think they shipped it by canoe, and a good friend of mine gave me a sig 226, so you know where I will be on Friday....

I know , where are the pics, still haven't figured that out yet..
Hope everyone had a great day, I sure as heck did....

"Beam me up Scottie"

Comments

• Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Sometimes the right decision makes itself painfully clear in hindsight. Glad you didn't waste more time than you did on it, and enjoy your retirement! [:)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats....dont waste another minute on this jerk & resolve the tension by a liberal dose of target practice....so many guns....so little money
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    My Dad turns 75 next week and they still try to get him to teach at the SF schools. He said he'd be glad to but he wanted a camper with a bed to sleep in at night or come home each day. They insisted that he had to sleep on the ground with the trainees. He said when he got out there were three things he would never do again, run, jump out of a functioning aircraft and sleep on the ground.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    what's SF School? (just curious)

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made tham out of meat!
  • Options
    dwhitwo254dwhitwo254 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Special Forces school ?
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    yes

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you retire, you get kind of spoiled, when you don't have to listen to stupid people. If you try going back, as you did, it does not take long to remember why you retired. Sometimes, money is not everything. You need your sanity too. Enjoy it. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.