In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'm going to be rich,rich I say!

SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I felt so good about this I sent my birthday and SS# too,and my bank acc. where to deposit my money.

DEAR FRIEND,

I AM MRS. SESE-SEKO WIDOW OF LATE PRESIDENT MOBUTU SESE-SEKO OF ZAIRE?
NOW KNOWN AS DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO (DRC). I AM MOVED TO WRITE
YOU THIS LETTER, THIS WAS IN CONFIDENCE CONSIDERING MY PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCE
AND SITUATION. I ESCAPED ALONG WITH MY HUSBAND AND TWO OF OUR SONS THEOPHILUS
AND BASHIR OUT OF DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO (DRC) TO ABIDJAN, COTE DIVOIRE
WHERE MY FAMILY AND I SETTLED, WHILE WE LATER MOVED TO SETTLED IN MORROCO
WHERE MY HUSBAND LATER DIED OF CANCER DISEASE. HOWEVER DUE TO THIS SITUATION
WE DECIDED TO CHANGED MOST OF MY HUSBAND'S BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DEPOSITED IN
SWISS BANK AND OTHER COUNTRIES INTO OTHER FORMS OF MONEY CODED FOR SAFE
PURPOSE BECAUSE THE NEW HEAD OF STATE OF (DR) MR LAURENT KABILA HAS MADE
ARRANGEMENT WITH THE SWISS GOVERNMENT AND OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES TO
FREEZE ALL MY LATE HUSBAND'S TREASURES DEPOSITED IN SOME EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.
HENCE MY CHILDREN AND I DECIDED LAYING LOW IN AFRICA TO STUDY THE SITUATION
TILL WHEN THINGS GETS BETTER, LIKE NOW THAT PRESIDENT KABILA IS DEAD AND THE
SON TAKING OVER (JOSEPH KABILA). ONE OF MY LATE HUSBAND'S CHATEAUX IN SOUTHERN
FRANCE WAS CONFISCATED BY THE FRENCH GOVERNMENT, AND AS SUCH I HAD TO CHANGE
MY IDENTITY SO THAT MY INVESTMENT WILL NOT BE TRACED AND CONFISCATED. I HAVE
DEPOSITED THE SUM THIRTY MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS(US$30,000,000,00.) WITH A
SECURITY COMPANY , FOR SAFEKEEPING. THE FUNDS ARE SECURITY CODED TO PREVENT
THEM FROM KNOWING THE CONTENT. WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO IS TO INDICATE YOUR
INTEREST THAT YOU WILL ASSIST US BY RECEIVING THE MONEY ON OUR BEHALF.
ACKNOWLEDGE THIS MESSAGE, SO THAT I CAN INTRODUCE YOU TO MY SON WHO
HAS THE OUT MODALITIES FOR THE CLAIM OF THE SAID FUNDS. I WANT YOU TO
ASSIST IN INVESTING THIS MONEY, BUT I WILL NOT WANT MY IDENTITY REVEALED.
I WILL ALSO WANT TO BUY PROPERTIES AND STOCK IN MULTI-NATIONAL COMPANIES
AND TO ENGAGE IN OTHER SAFE AND NON-SPECULATIVE INVESTMENTS. MAY I AT THIS
POINT EMPHASISE THE HIGH LEVEL OF CONFIDENTIALITY, WHICH THIS BUSINESS
DEMANDS, AND HOPE YOU WILL NOT BETRAY THE TRUST AND CONFIDENCE,
WHICH I REPOSE IN YOU. IN CONCLUSION, IF YOU WANT TO ASSIST US , MY SON
SHALL PUT YOU IN THE PICTURE OF THE BUSINESS, TELL YOU WHERE THE FUNDS
ARE CURRENTLY BEING MAINTAINED AND ALSO DISCUSS OTHER MODALITIES
INCLUDING REMUNERATION FOR YOUR SERVICES. FOR THIS REASON KINDLY
FURNISH US YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION, THAT IS YOUR PERSONAL TELEPHONE
AND FAX NUMBER FOR CONFIDENTIAL PURPOSE.

BEST REGARDS,

MRS M. SESE SEKO

Have guns,will travel

Comments

• Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We used to get several different versions of this story faxed to a real estate office where I worked. It's hard to come up with an original scam, but harder still to make a scam work after everyone
    else copys it.
  • Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wow.... There for a min. I thought someone was trying to steal my I.D.

Remember,"your woman may not find you handsome, But atleast she'll find ya handy". I love that show..............
  • Options
    austin247austin247 Member Posts: 375
    edited November -1
    How about letting me in on some of that action, so I can buy that bridge in Manhattan I've been eyeballing (this guy told me he'd sell it to me CHEAP)
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did somebody happen to get their address? I've got my check written out but I'm not sure where to send it to!
  • Options
    imadorkimadork Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A woman was in a local college newspaper here because she spent 3 years in a Peruvian prison for smuggling cocaine when she was 18; some guy had given her an all expenses paid trip on the condition that she carry a bag into Peru with undisclosed contents. Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to do something like that?
  • Options
    SCREWEDUPSCREWEDUP Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW WHERE DO I GO TO INVEST I"VE ALWAYS NEEDED A GET RICH SCHEME.
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If anyone wants the email addy for some fun I'll send it to you.

sxsman@hotmail.com

Have guns,will travel
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You mean this is a SCAM? I probably shouldn't have contacted them and followed up by giving my bank account numbers/social security number. Oh what shall I do now!!!!

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Some of you people are suspicious of every thing.It sounds like the chance of a lifetime to me.I just signed up.Now i will be able to buy that Jennings 25 acp i have always dreamed of owning.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,666 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Investigator that works in our local State's Atty. office gets a dozen calls a week about these fliers. It is amazing the number of people who fall for this one or the many similar ones floating around out there. The most common victims are Seniors.

Edited by - William81 on 04/27/2002 20:05:00
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am her agent so everyone should send me their
    contributions.
    reciepts will be forthcoming.
    barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Here's a Nigerian scam of thr same order.

Dear friend,

I got your address from the internet I am princess linda fedayi the wife to the former Chairman South Delta Petroleum Development Committee.

My husband was murdered by some Moslem extremist immediately he publicly condemned the 11th September terrorist attack on World Trade Centre in USA. But before he finally gave up the ghost he revealed the sum of $40millionUSD he deposited with a Security and Finance firm to me.

Now my life and that of my 11year old son is in danger because the Moslems extremist are still after my life and that of my son. They have burnt our family house and our known property. So what I want from you is to assist us in receiving this fund in your account overseas. We will give you 15% of the total sum for your assistance so that you will also send Letter of Invitation for us to join you in your country, we have gone through so many traumatic experiences. We are urgently waiting for your response.

Please contact me on my email address for more information. Thanks.

Yours faithfully,
    princess linda.

February 11, 2002

Princess Linda--
    Thank you for your kind note. Could you please send me more information about this transaction? I may be interested in help you out.
    Thanks,

Darrel

February 12, 2002

Dear Darrel,
    Thank you very much for your urgent response. I decided to solicit for your assistance because since the death of my husband I have gone through so many pains. I have really been betrayed by my family members and my husbands former associates that I am really confused on whom to rely on.

Out of desperation and frustration hence I decided to ask for your assistance in safeguarding this last batch of my inheritance .my life and that of my son is still in danger.

Before actually we continue this business I will want us to draft trust agreement which will enable us to conclude this transaction in a respectable manner the agreement will state each parties role and liability.

Now I was so lucky to have met a united nation diplomat who incidentally is well aware of my plight
    so after explaining more of my predicament to him he was full of sympathy for my condition I have no option than informing him how much money my late husband left for me and there is no way I can spend these funds in my country in mist of aggressors. He then told me as a civil servant he is not permitted to have a business account or having such a large amount of money into his account.

He then suggested that I look for a trustworthy person who can travel to Spain to set up dollar
    account where my money will be deposited for onward transfer to the person's account in his country. He assured me that he will make sure that the funds are cragged through international diplomatic courier service . Incidentally the country were he said the funds should be sent to is where the security and finance company which is presently in possession of the funds has there branch office. So the security and finance company will be responsible to clear the funds on your behalf and subsequently assist you in depositing the funds in the dollar accounts which you are required to open in Madrid, Spain.

Your are only required to go and set up the account and with the assistance of the security company every other thing will be taken care of. Immediately these funds is safely deposited into your
    account you will then send letter of invitation which will enable me and my son to obtain visa to
    come over to your country .In your country you will assist us to buy a house and guide us on investment opportunities in your country. From all indications these transaction will be 100%
    successful. Only praying that you will never ever let me and my son down once these money is in your account.

Looking forward to meeting you in person soon. This transaction will be concluded in less than 3
    days if your reply is prompt. Also furnish me with your most recent telephone number for more information regarding this business.

Best regards,
    princess linda.

February 12, 2002

Hello Princess--

It sounds as if you and your son are in a horrible situation. I sincerely hope I can help you. I'm not sure how you got my E-Mail address, but be assured that I'm the right person to help you.

I hope you understand that I cannot give you my personal phone number at this stage in our conversation. I, however, would be more than happy to call you directly at a time you give me.

It likely wouldn't be a problem to meet you at a location in Spain, but I'd like to call you to discuss the logistics before we meet.

I look forward to your reply,
    Darrel

February 13, 2002

Dear Darrel,
    Thank you very much for your urgent response. My telephone number is 234-803-***-****. But you have to try several times before it can go through. looking forward to your urgent call so that i can explain to you how to successfully conclude this business.
    best regards
    princess linda.

March 22, 2002

Hello Linda--

I've tried a number of times to call the number you gave me and it doesn't seem to be going through. I would like to discuss the possibility of helping you further if you still need the help.

Please let me know if there's another number or a particular time to call that would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Darrel

March 24, 2002

Dear Darrel,
    I really still want to conclude this business with you, you can get me faster on this number 234-42-******, or you give me your's so that i can you.
    looking forward to your urgenmt response.
    best regards,
    princess linda.

Highlights of Richter's phone conversation with Princess Linda's "personal assistant" on April 4, 2002:

Personal Assistant: "I'm speaking for the princess because she doesn't speak very good English."

Personal Assistant: "We have to draft a trust agreement, which will specify everybody's role. As long as everybody's concerned, so that we can conclue it in a respectable and dignified manner."

Personal Assistant: "I want you to give me your fax number, so that I can send you the trust agreement. We can go through it. Then if you have any changes or revisions to make it, we can consider it."

Personal Assistant: "The princess cannot live in this country because of a lot of crisis, so she wants to come over there with her son."

Personal Assistant: "We want to deposit $40 million into your bank account. We are giving you 10 percent and then five percent for expenses you might incur as a result of this. The other 85 percent - you will put that in a trust agreement - and be kept for six months until the princess decides what to do with it. We intend to invest the money in a viable company in your country."

Richter: "So I understand you want me to come to Spain?"

Personal Assistant: "We want you to come to Spain. You have to come to Spain to set up the dollar account. And from there you'll fly with theprincess to the United States of America."

Richter: "And who are you again?"

Personal Assistant: "I'm the personal assistant to the family. I've worked with the princess for the past 16 years."

Personal Assistant: "And what do you do? What is your profession? What do you do for a living?"

Richter: "I'm a reporter."

Personal Assistant: "You're a reporter?"

Richter: "Yeah, a journalist."

Personal Assistant: "Now you say you are a journalist and a reporter. We are not going to expose the princess to the press."

Richter: "You're not going to expose the princess to the press?"

Personal Assistant: "Yeah. I hope you're not going to expose the princess, because you are a reporter and a journalist. We want this to be highly confidential. We don't want anyone from this part of the world to know that she wants to leave the country."

Richter: "There are some people in the United States who tell me that this might be a scam and that I might need to be weary of this. Is this a scam?"

Personal Assistant: "It's nothing like a scam. We do not do scam. I'm only trying to find out if you are reliable and trustworthy. Because we would not want to lose this money. It's a lot of money, yes."

April 6, 2002

Dear Darrel,

How are you? i did not hear from you again if you still interested let me no i am looking forward for your respond.
    Best regard,
    Princess Linda.

Never ask why but only the value of.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be great fun to find a way that costs them money. Any ideas?
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find out the phone number to one of those 809 area code numbers that those people are using for that scam where you will apparently be charged $2,425.00 per-minute. They have a recording that keeps you on for as long as they can and you'll often be charged more than $24,100.00. Give this number to them as your personal phone number.By the way if you have not heard about this, they call your home, pager, office, whatever and say a family member is hurt or something and to call right away. So DO NOT CALL ANY area code 809 numbers unless you know someone in the (British Virgin Islands) Bahamas personally. They do not have the same regulations as the mainland U.S. That's how they get away with it.

If I knew then, what I know now.