In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New S&W Military & Police

JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in General Discussion
Anyone have one of these? Anyone ever shoot one of these? Any comments about them to share? I held a .40 the other day, and really liked it...

Comments

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    guys at the IPSC, seem to think it is good
  • Options
    PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I'm holding out till they offer it in .45acp. According to the rep at the NRA convention that will be early '07![:D]
  • Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    I had the opportunity to shoot one that a local police department was testing. In my opinion, it shot as well as anything could, and with the right piece in the grip was comfortable. With the wrong piece in the grip it was almost painful. Several thousand rounds through this one, and no failures yet, as of the time of my usage.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went to the S&W range in Springfield a few months back right after the M&P was released, but they didnt have any available to the public to try yet.

(Annoying, because they literally have every production model rentable).

Anyway, Smith made this one deliberately to take back its market share from Glock. I'd imagine they did a pretty good job with it.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was BS-ing with a SWAT officer the other day about some of the handguns they have been testing. He had good things to say about the S&W M&P. I'll wait for further testing.