In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Speaking of Phone Bills ....

Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Why is it I pay more in taxes and govt. fees than I do for the base phone line? What is this number portability business, I'm not taking my phone across the street, down the block or to another zip code. I have a cell phone for that because I kept getting that real long cord tangled up. And if I do move, as I have done several times, I can usually learn my new phone number without a lot of trouble. And by the way I'll bet ya there may be a few problems getting my Ohio phone number in say Idaho ...

Just some ramblings from a guy that just wrote a check of $22+ dollars to pay for his $6.70 phone line ... and yes that is without any long distance useage.

How do you feel about this?

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We don't have long-distance service. We use the 3 cents a minute calling cards but yes, we still have to pay those fees. My wife wouldn't stand for it, but I'd just as soon not have a phone. I only talk on it a couple times a month and those could be done by email.
    Mark my words, internet phones will be the death of regular phone service unless (or until) they start charging for use for that.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel you are bellyaching about paying about 1/2 of what I pay for the same service.
    [V][V]barto

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am with you Contender Man, the price of my phone bill doubles with all of the add-ons and taxes they charge me. A while back they were charging me for "911" service. I called to ask why I was paying this fee, because we did not have that service. I was told that they were charging for it because "they were in the process" of getting it up and working. I had to pay that fee for 2-3 YEARS before they got it working.

The gene pool needs chlorine.