In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

KIDS

wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
edited November 2002 in General Discussion
We were eating out last evening, Dawnie, Bry and me. A family came in and sat in the booth behind Dawnie and Bry, so they were in my view as soon as they came in. The boy was done up in Goth/vampire style; black lipstick, white makeup, long black duster, etc.

After a while, Bry noticed the boy. He said, "Look Mama. What's wrong with his lips?" Dawnie glanced around, not trying to make a scene, and said, "Yes, Bry. I see him."

That wasn't good enough. Bry grabbed Dawnie by the face, turned her toward the family behind us, and said, "LOOK, MAMA!" The family smiled politely but went on with their meal. Dawnie told Bry, "Yes, we see him. It's just makeup."

Bry then tapped the boy's mother on the shoulder, and asked her, "What's wrong with him?"

The boy's mother explained that he was in costume and on his way to a Halloween party. That was satisfactory.

Bry never meets a stranger. He thinks anyone ought to talk to him, and he is especially attracted to anyone in a uniform. Once we were eating out in a nearby city, and three DPS troopers came in for dinner. Bry saw them and had to go and say hello. He went all the way across the dining room by himself to speak to the troopers and to tell them that his papaw is a police officer too.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Teacher: "Kids, what does the chicken give you?"
    Students: "eggs!"
    Teacher: "Very good! Now what does the pig give you?"
    Students: "Bacon!"
    Teacher: "Great! And what does the fat cow give you?"
    Students: "Homework!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How many kids you have. I have 4. 14 year old girl, 11 year old brick brained son, 3 year old girl and a 1 year old son. I'll be putting one in colg. and one in first grade. Oh, and working forever of course.

french people don't speak german, thank my dad for that
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bry was here and Dawnie was cooking. Something she was cooking made smoke, and set off the smoke alarm in the hallway just off the kitchen. It was the first time he had heard a smoke alarm, and he asked what it was.

I told him it means dinner is ready. [;)]

A couple weeks later, I was at work and Dawnie had prepared lunch for herself and Bry. She told Bry that his lunch is ready.

He said, "Uh-uh, Momma. (Pointing to the smoke alarm.) That thing didn't make noise."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One of my girls was never a outdoor type person. Yea she would go camping, fishing, hiking and not complain. She always declined to go shooting. Says she doesn't have much use for a gun. She would always spend here time with dance, gymnastics, drill team, and shopping.

Well yesterday I'm looking for musket caps and mini ball for a new rifle. I ask here to stop by a gun store in the area she was running around in to see if they had any. When she gets home the first thing out of her mouth was "sure a lot of rednecks there". She had ask and the person she talked to goes "oh for reloading bullets" daughters reply "It's for black powder" proceeds to ask the guy where the balls and caps are and she would look for her self.

For a girl who never wanted to go shooting wouldn't hold guns she sure pick up a lot of info and the best news I now have permission to take my 5 year old grand son shooting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Children are the world biggest sexualy transmitted disease
    STIR STIR

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Had to send my wife out of town for several days due to a family emergency. Now my my kids that live near me are treating me like I'm 90 and can't take care of myself.

My 2 boys that work with me are want to hang out just to make sure that I have company. My 2 girls that live near me act like I don't know how to cook and don't believe that I have food to eat. Both have brought me meals and if I say I've already eaten they get butt hurt.

I don't know what is going to happen this weekend when I take off to get some peace. I'm sure that my phone is going to ring off the hook or they are going to want to come.

I thought that after I retired that they would take care of me. Maybe there are starting early to try to avoid it later.

Now don't get wrong I love my kids and do like the thought of them wanting to help, but dang 24/7.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey folks I was going though some of my pic and came across a photo
    of my two girls oldest was about 7 and youngest about 2 could not help myself had to showem off[^][^] they are 10 and 5 now they grow up to fast[V][V] Photo0003.jpg

untitled.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Basically right now my life kinda sucks, tomorrow I will be roofing which is miserable under the best circumstances. The job hunt is still ongoing and my house is a mess from inheriting my grandfathers construction projects (which my wife hates this house, and I don't blame her). But right now my little booger is sleeping oh so peacefully sprawled out in my arms chillin and I find myself relaxed and at one with the world, that is until he wakes up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just got an e-mail from a friend. She was tired and took a nap with her kid, thought she was safe. Wrong. He woke up and got into her green tattoo ink and got it all over himself and everything. She spent a long time scrubbing the house and the kid, but the bathwater just spread the ink on him. Now he is stained green all over his body until it wears off.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My son and his wife were sharing the story of how they met with the grandkids. They met in Florida when my son was working there.

They told my 7 yo granddaughter that something very special happened in Florida that led to her existence. She then asked, "Was Jesus born in Florida?".
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will270win has a pretty funny opinion of kids, one of the first things he said to me when I met him in Cal last month. Maybe he will share it for us on here, it still has me laughing.

Real men use little bullets.
    redneck1314@pennswoods.net
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe, but where would "we" be if everyone stopped making them a couple of generations ago? LOL

The gene pool needs chlorine.