In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How to sell...

jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I have a 6.5 Carcano I am looking to sell. On one hand, I can just take it to a gunshow and wait till I get an offer. On the other hand, I'd sell it online, but I know sure as shootin' if I do this, some jerk at UPS will try to tell me that guns cannot be sent through their system. So is the trouble of listing online worth it?
"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.

Comments

• Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Someone correct me if I am wrong- But US Postal Regs. allow for a common citizen as opposed to an FFL holder, to send a long gun to an FFL holder.The reason for this is, I guess, that folks send rifles back to the manufactuer all the time for repair/upgrade, and that if you are sending it to a C&R or FFL holder, the appropriate paperwork will be done at that end.
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matt45: Yes to your question. Some dumb dumbs in the bigger post offices seem to think its their obligation to act stupid, (and they do a good job) and give you the run-a-round on the subject. But do find out a realistic value on your carcano when you put it on the auction and if you don't know how to include a picture get some help doing it. Need I say it? "A picture is worth
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I know how to do a picture, and I know that theoretically guns can be sent through the mail; but I just think I'd have more luck with UPS if I go this route.
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.
  • Options
    Norman DogNorman Dog Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just sold a rifle online for the first time and I shipped it USPS. I didn't use UPS because of the problems they seem to have with internal security and not getting signatures when required. Even with the post office, I chose Priority Mail so that it would be in their system for a shorter period of time than with Parcel Post. Also, get insurance! It seems to be the only way to get the shipper to stand by their service claims.