In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dean Gets My Vote!

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
NOT![:0]

I happened to see Dean on TV being interviewd by Tim Russert who questioned him about gun control. Dean intially began praising the NRA and how they worked with him as Vermonts governor and then his true character came out. Dean said he is in lockstep with the hunters of his state who all support the AWB, background checks at gun shows, think the leadership of the NRA is pretty whacky for wanting people to have bazookas in their front yards, and know they can't go deer hunting with an AK47. Dean said he is not in favor of gun registration for sportsmen.

Anyone else see the interview? Anyone from West Virginia or any other state where you can hunt deer with an SKS, AK47, M1 & M1 Carbine?

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well.....Its really not any different than George Bush when it comes to guns.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Salzo, you are right and that did cross my mind even to the point of feeling that our gun rights may be a little more secure with Dean who would cater to the gun vote than with Bush who is catering to the nongun vote.

Don't fly the river!
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    It is still at the point for me that ((It is not who I am voteing for,,,,It is who I will vote aginst)) It is a sorry state of affairs when it gets this bad and stays there. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunpaq
    Salzo, you are right and that did cross my mind even to the point of feeling that our gun rights may be a little more secure with Dean who would cater to the gun vote than with Bush who is catering to the nongun vote.

Don't fly the river!

More likely our rights would be safer with Dean in office because everyone would oppose him. With Bush in office 90% of gun owners look the other way. It happens all the time with Republicans. Here in NY with all those years of trying Mario Cuomo never got any significant gun control legislation passed. Everyone kept an eye on him and raised hell every time he tried. George Pataki managed to pass a major gun control law shortly before his reelection by a safe margin. Much of that margin was gun owners.

Face it we are lazy. We'd rather have a republican stealing our rights. It's too much work to keep track of and fight those Dems. So we'll take the option of playing ignorant after the fact.

Woods

Hamlin.gif
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, I saw it this morning. Quite intersting to say the least and pretty much the typical Democratic line. Regardless of whether or not he actually believes it he know's he's gotta take those stances if he actually has any chance of getting the nomination. The thing that made me want the puke was his continual reference to hunters. Somehow he thinks that only hunters own guns and only hunters vote.

Sometimes, when someone is talking to me, my mind drifts off and I
    start thinking about guns I'd like to own.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I have to wonder about what is going through the mind of someone who is hunting deer with an M1 Carbine. If it's the only rifle you have and you're unemployed and your kids are starving, maybe. If you enjoy shooting a military type weapon, then do it at the range. I saw Meet The Press today also. When I see Dean in an interview that is more than a sound bite, I can appreciate his candor on a lot of topics. I think people are turning to Kerry because they see him as more electable than Dean. It's still a long way to the convention.

I do wish Russert had asked Dean if he had a dog.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Deaniacs" on the forum notwithstanding. It's a moot point. Dean is in meltdown.
    Most likely won't last (as a viable candidate) past "Super Tuesday".

Mudge the pundit

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Screamin' Demon Dean is thru. Put a fork in it. After Super Tuesday it is over. He is currently running behind Al Sharpton here in SC. Sharpton has 10% .
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Al's the man! [:D][:D]

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.