In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

glock 21

SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
NIB gen 3 with 2 13 rnd mags shipped for $490 a good deal?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Is the recoil on a Glock 21 as as strong as a .45, or does the polymer absorb some of the recoil and make it feel like a .40 or 9mm, or something. Could you tell me about what caliber it feels like your shooting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello folks.
    I have a kimber grand raptor II.
    What are your thoughts on trading it in
    for a glock 45acp?
    I'm sick and tired of the fuss it takes
    to keep these 1911's going. Years ago
    I had two Nat'l match colts that would
    eat anything now I find these new 1911's
    are fussy. I just want to go out in the
    backyard range and shoot targets.
    What say you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i got a friend that has his heart set on a glock model 21..i donrt know how i feel about it..aint my money but every glock ive ever shot has had more recoil than any other gun in that caliber..and if the glock kicks any worse than an hk usp in 45 acp then im kind of worried that he will not want to shoot it alot..wasted money.ive never shot a model 21 but i have shot the usp 45 a good bit so im looking for advice for this guy

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail alisonandwalt@charter.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got it today! 2nd generation, i like my 3rd generation grips better but i can absolutely deal with out the finger grooves on there, makes no difference to me. Came with three Glock factory mags, and a 13 round scherer mag with a plus 2 extension. I cant wait to go shoot it. And i got to go to lakeland florida, completely different than where i live in pinellas park.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I AM LISTING THIS FOR A FRIEND WHO FELL ON HARD TIMES TYPICALLY I DO NOT DO THIS ON THE FORUM SIDE.SO HERE IS THE LINK THEIR IS NO RESERVE ON THIS PISTOL![:D] http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=155693632
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally feel the polymer frame of Glocks actually absorb some of the recoil. They are lighter so in the end it might just be a trade-off. All I can say is my wife can shoot my Glock 20 (10mm) so I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble with the .45 ACP model 21...
    They do have the typical fat Glock grip, so that might make some difference on how comfortable the gun feels in the hand.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last week I shot my son's Glock 21. There, I said it in front of everyone. After shooting his KelTec 40 I was ready to condemn the Glock. I was very impressed with it, the recoil wasn't bad and the double action pull was almost as smooth as single action. I take back at least 1/2 the things I've said about Glocks. I still think they are made by Tupperware and the name sounds like the day after a hard night. I wouldn't mind having one, except here in Kansas they won't let you carry concealed and everyone would see me with it.[:0]

When we disassembled it, it just amazed me at how light everything is, and the fact I just shot .45 cartridges through it.

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I don't think they kick much at all.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one Glock and it is a 21. I am a 45 fan though so to me it doesn't kick that bad. Just reassure him it's better to give than to receive when holding a .45 in your hands.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Options
    tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SUBMARINER,
    Go with performance, reliability, function, ruggedness and accuracy.
    The Glock has been my answer to all the above categories.
    I have many handguns. Some for fun. Some for business.
    However, for concealed carry, I prefer a Mdl. 21 and, at times, a Mdl. 27. My wife carries a Mdl. 26.
    There's "No Way In He!!" I'd EVER advise my wife to carry anything that wasn't 110% dependable.
    I've had to draw on a "Perp" 1 time and, believe me, I was extremely grateful knowing my "Weapon of Choice" would perform if/when needed.

Tideman [Glocked-Up in TEXAS]

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
  • Options
    SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear Glock is the AK-47 of handguns. Although HK is more fancy and more desired, theres nothing wrong at all with Glock. In my opion recoil isnt bad, and if you add a match barrel you can have a very reliable very accurate pistol.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't NEEC to add a match barrel. There really isn't much you need to do to a glock AT ALL. I added night sights, and a finger grippy thing on the mags. They are close to perfection as any gun I've seen, straight out of the box.

Merc (loves his Glock 21!)

Insignia?

Nos nullus habitum rancidum insignia!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glocks are lighter than all steel guns, but that's a plus. There's no need for the .45 ACP to be shot from a heavy all steel handgun. My Star PD has an alloy frame and is no bigger than an Officer's model, and it is comfortable to shoot even though it has more kick than the Glock .45s because the slide sits higher above the shooting hand. My guess is your experience was colored a bit by the idea of shooting a polymer gun, but then the H&K USP uses polymer now too. What makes the Glocks so comfortable is the fact that the slide sits so close to the palm of the shooting hand. It comes straight back (there's no hammer to gouge you) and there's less muzzle flip than with a more traditional set-up. I think your friend will like either the Glock 21 full size or even the Glock 30 if he needs to carry concealed. I had the 21 -- and I would have another one -- but now I find the G30 more efficient with 10 round mags being the standard and CCW being my primary concern. I've never known a Glock shooter who "didn't shoot it much;" in fact, they usually enjoy their Glock at the range as much or more than anything else in the bag.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpg Life Member - fortbutton2.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    any detractors out there??I shoot polymer guns all the time so i dont think that had anything to do with it but i guess i did "expect" it to kick...anyway keep it coming and im going to tell him to check this post out thanx

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail alisonandwalt@charter.net
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    I find the recoil on the G21 to be less than most other 45's. The polymer frame, the rather heavy slide, and the low placement of the barrel makes for a very comfortable shooter. The only downside to the G21 is the large grip diameter which is too big for a lot of folks to get their hands around.

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Glock 21 seems to have less recoil than any of my Rugers ,1911's or my S&W.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I have 3 Glocks. My only .45 version is a model 30. I love it. The recoil is nothing.

Don't go changing barrels on any Glock you plan to carry for personal defense. If you're going to shoot competition with it go ahead and trick it out but if not leave the barrel and trigger alone. Check a couple of the Glock websites and you'll find the folks who make a living modifying them recommend against making any significant changes on Glocks you use for a carry gun.

I replaced the plastic guide rods and recoil springs in mine with Wolff non-captured steel guide rods and slightly heavier springs because I shoot mostly +P ammo. Other than that, they're stock.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.