In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Levis

roysharoysha Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Now then boys and girls, it is time to buy jeans again. Since everyone is bad mouthing Levis, what are the options? I have been wearing Levi 501s for 42 years. I kinda like the way they fit. I know some years ago Pennys sold a clone of the 501 but I can't find it now. Any suggestions? I see where Levi is closing a batch of manfacturing plants here in the states and is going to concentrate on marketing their foreign made clothes. I imagine the price will go up and the quality will go down, if that is possible.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I make it a point to not support organizations that I feel are compromising my rights away. Especially the second amendment, but other issues are also important. If you are looking for some jeans, but do not want to help in the demise of your rights, go with LLBEAN. Those are the only jeans I wear, and I think it is safe to assume that LLBEAN is OK, because they sell hunting clothes(though you never know). I also wear woolrich clothing, they to are safe.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Whatever I can find in good shape at the Alabama Thrift Store. I take that back, whatever my WIFE can find. She buys great jeans and khakis for $5 - $10 about once month that aren't worn out, raggedy, or stained. People just get tired of them and donate them to the thrift store. I bought a spare tire for my wife's car there about three months ago for $1.40 - perfect shape. Too bad they don't sell guns !

We only have a few special years with our children in which they desire our time, attention, and love. After that time is over, it is gone forever, and we will be the ones that desire their time, attention, and love. Make those few, short years count -
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Diamond cut supports sportsman's right and are very comfortable.

It has become my purpose in life to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Lone WolfeLone Wolfe Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well i was a levis man myself for yrs and then tried on a pair of wranglers and lordy lordy they fit and feel better!!
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know ima catch some heat for this, but my favorite pair was some Tommy Hilfiger Jeans.

They fit great, lasted forever, and I paid 20 bucks for em brand new.

NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are other brands of jeans???? haha
    I've been wanting to try carhart but they are becoming a little
    too commercialized.
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    I am with LoneWolf, I wore Levis all of my life up until about 4 years ago. Converted to Wrangler and never looked back. They just seem to be a lot more comfortable to me...OTO

KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Levi's are WAAAYYYY out of my price range and don't make anything that fits me anyway. I am a 40W36L so all mine come from the local H-D shop. Price is good, too. JCPenney makes a 40W36L (Arizona Jean Co. label) but they have to be ordered (Big & Tall catalog) and then I got to pay the shipping charges. The jeans then started to tear at the rear pockets. That irritated the poop out of me so I quit buying jeans there.

Mudge the LARGE

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Wranglers or Lees. Levis are junk.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.