In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"THE GENIUS TEST"

Zuider ZeeZuider Zee Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Try this one

WHAT DO YOU PUT IN A TOASTER?
ANSWER: BREAD.... IF YOU SAID "TOAST" THEN GIVE UP NOW IF YOU SAID
"BREAD" THEN PLEASE PROGRESS ON TO QUESTION 2 .

(Q2) SAY "SILK" 5 TIMES, NOW SPELL "SILK".....WHAT DO COWS DRINK? .
ANSWER: "WATER" IF YOU SAID "MILK," THEN MAY I SUGGEST THAT YOU DO NOT
TRY THE NEXT QUESTION.

IF YOU SAID "WATER" THEN YOU MAY GO ONTO QUESTION 3 .
(Q3) IF A RED HOUSE IS MADE FROM RED BRICKS, A BLUE HOUSE IS MADE OUT OF BLUE BRICKS, A PINK HOUSE IS MADE OUT OF PINK BRICKS, A BLACK HOUSE IS MADE OUT OF BLACK BRICKS.... WHAT IS A GREEN HOUSE MADE OUT OF? .
....... ....
ANSWER: "GLASS" IF YOU SAID "GREEN BRICKS" THEN WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU
STILL DOING HERE READING THESE QUESTIONS!!!!

IF YOU SAID "GLASS" THEN PLEASE PROGRESS ONTO QUESTION 4 .
(Q4) 20 YEARS AGO A PLANE IS FLYING AT 20,000 FT, OVER THE OLD COUNTRY
of GERMANY WHEN 2 OF THE ENGINES FAIL, THE PILOT REALIZING THAT THE LAST REMAINING ENGINE WAS FAILING, HE DECIDES A CRASH LANDING PROCEDURE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE ENGINE FAILS BEFORE TIME AND THE PLANE CRASHES SMACK BANG IN THE MIDDLE OF "NO MANS LAND" THE LAND BETWEEN EAST GERMANY AND WEST GERMANY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BERLIN WALL, ..... WHERE WOULD YOU BURY THE SURVIVORS EAST GERMANY, WEST GERMANY OR IN "NO MANS LAND"? !
ANSWER: YOU DON'T BURY "SURVIVORS".
IF YOU SAID THE SENTENCE ABOVE THEN CARRY ON TO QUESTION 5 .
Q5) IF ON A CLOCK THE HOUR HAND MOVES 1/60th OF A DEGREE EVERY MINUTE
THEN HOW MANY DEGREES WILL THE HOUR HAND TRAVEL IN 1 HOUR?
ANSWER: "1 DEGREE" IF YOU SAID "360 DEGREES", OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE ANSWER, MAY I CONGRATULATE YOU ON GETTING THIS FAR...BUT BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF, DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE THE LAST AND FINAL QUESTION? IF YOU SAID "1 DEGREE" THEN PLEASE GO ON TO THE LAST QUESTION .
Q6) **WITHOUT USING A CALCULATOR** YOU ARE DRIVING A BUS FROM LONDON TO MILFORD HAVEN (WALES) IN LONDON 17 PEOPLE GET ON THE BUS, IN READING 6 PEOPLE GET OFF, 9 PEOPLE GET ON, IN SWINDON 2 PEOPLE GET OFF, 4 PEOPLE GET ON, IN CARDIFF 11 PEOPLE GET OFF, 16 PEOPLE GET ON, IN SWANSEA 3 PEOPLE GET OFF, 5 PEOPLE GET ON, IN CARMARTHEN, 6 PEOPLE GET OFF, 3 PEOPLE GET ON THE BUS THEN PULLS INTO MILFORD HAVEN BUS DEPOT.....

WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE BUS DRIVER? .
ANSWER: "YOUR NAME." READ THE FIRST LINE

Zee

Comments

• Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    A green house is made of glass? Are you sure?

Would it be so wrong for a cow to drink milk? Are you sure?

Did sombody say somethin` about Zees?
  • Options
    BullzeyesDadBullzeyesDad Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    218 bee keeper. maybe they only drink chocolate milk.
    Bulldaddy
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey bee,Calves drink milk.If they did not,There would not be any cows.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    austin247austin247 Member Posts: 375
    edited November -1
    'Taint a fair test. Read that post "Anyone Else Offended". See, accordin' to them liberals, we uns is unedumacated backwater fools. How is we gonna do any kinda good on a genius test? Shoot, I walks my kids to school every day cuz we're in the same grade.

Now I'm jist wonderin'....when my divorce goes through will we still be brother and sister?
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of clock takes 360 hours for the hand to go around?
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK...Maybe I misunderstood the clock question. If your premise is taken as you wrote it, you're correct. If the premise is what a clock actually does, then the answer is wrong.
    A clock's minute hand travels 1/60th of the circle each minute. That equals 6 degrees. Therefore in 1 hour the minute hand would travel the entire 360 degree circle while the hour hand would travel 1/12th of the circle or 30 degrees. 'Splain to me where I'm wrong. (If I am.)

Mudge the puzzled

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way I read it, it says hour hand Mudge. Most of these are old and it is way to easy to be a genius test.

He Dog the smarty.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    The hour hand moves one-half a degree each minute, and 30 degrees each hour. This assumes the clock has a 12 hour face.

If it's a 24 hour clock then those numbers would be cut in half. One-fourth a degree each minute and 15 degrees each hour.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stand by my post. When the hour hand moves from 12 to 1 in one hour, it has moved 1/12th of the complete circle of the face or 30 degrees. Math is math. Again....'Splain to me where I'm wrong.
    I still say the premise of the question is flawed.

Mudge the insistent

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The question evidently was not written by a "genius."

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AWW MAN I GOT ALL OF THEM RIGHT,I WAS EXPECTING SOME KINDA GRAPH TO TELL ME HOW SMART I AM OR SOMETHING

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,NE'ER DO WELL, INSTIGATOR,AND RUSTY WALLACE FAN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, if you got the posted answer to the clock question, then you got that one wrong.

• Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOWRIDER YOU ARE CORRECT IT ACTUALLY MOVES 30 DEGREES BUT IN THE CONTEXT OF THE QUESTION I WAS RIGHT

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,NE'ER DO WELL, INSTIGATOR,AND RUSTY WALLACE FAN
  • Options
    Wild BillWild Bill Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Q5) IF ON A CLOCK THE HOUR HAND MOVES 1/60th OF A DEGREE EVERY MINUTE
    THEN HOW MANY DEGREES WILL THE HOUR HAND TRAVEL IN 1 HOUR?
    ANSWER: "1 DEGREE"

This question isn't flawed. Here's why:

Disregard that a clock was even mentioned. It's a non-factor. If something moves 1/60th of a degree (or 1/60th of an inch, foot, mile, etc.) every minute, then in an hours time (i.e. 60 minutes) it will have moved 1 degree (or 1 inch, foot, mile, etc.). Because 1/60 x 60 is always 1.

"Gun control is not about guns; it's about control." "If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can't disregard the fact that it's a clock. That was the basis for the question. If the 1/60 degree and 1 degree facts are correct then it would have to be a 15 day face on the clock. Anybody ever see one of those?

Dumb-* question.

• Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The question was writen correctly.
    One Degree is the Tick Mark for One Minute.
    An hour hand moves 1/60th the way across a tick mark in one minute.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • Options
    sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it look like everyone is having a fun TIME with the test!!

"No dear, this isn't a new gun,,I've had this one for quite a long time,,honest,,"
  • Options
    gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, but what if it was a digital watch? :)

~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One degree is NOT the "tick mark" for one minute. One degree is one three-hundred and sixtieth of a full circle. Each "tick mark" for one minute on a clock face is equivalent to six degrees.

If, as you say, the hour hand moves one sixtieth of a one-minute-"tick mark" each minute, then the hour hand would move a full one-minute-"tick mark" each hour. Since a clock face has sixty of these one-minute-"tick marks", and the hour hand moves across one of them each hour, by your logic it would take the hour hand 60 hours to make a full sweep of the clock face. Since I assume we're all referring to a 12 hour clock face, the hour hand would actually take 120 hours to move twice around the clock. Now for me, some days at work seem to drag on forever, but I don't ever remember a day that lasted 120 hours.

Edited by - Lowrider on 05/04/2002 13:38:12
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    AHHHH I SEE!

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't know that. I am now complete.

Clouder..
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The most important part of the question seems to be lost on some here.

The key word is the first - "If". To get the answer that they are looking for, you have to start with the presupposition that everything that follows the "if" is correct, whether it is literally true or not.

Lots of little "mind game" such puzzles around, no need to get so serious about 'em. Kind of like the one, "If red is green and yellow is blue, what color is the sky at noon on a cloudless day?" You have to admit, red is most assuredly NOT green and yellow is obviously not blue, but so what? The question was "If". All clear now?

Now, if the question had started with the word - "Since", instead of "if", that would change everything!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I say the question was written by some dumb-* who doesn't know how to tell time on a conventional clock and has no knowledge whatsoever of the principles of plane geometry.